Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Apr 2, 2010, 12:12 PM
    Do I go after the new man now
    Well me and my husband are officially separated, and I have been friends with this man for awhile, and we both have strong feelings for each other, do I go for it or shall I wait. My soon to be ex had cheated on me so much that I don't want him back. Should I make myself happy right away or just let my feelings for this guy go?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 12:26 PM

Hello Nightlight,

I too was in a similar situation. My husband and I separated, and I started dating a man that I had known for three years... My husband and I are divorced now and after six months, I am still with that guy! We are going pretty strong. Was it to soon for me to date right after the separation? Maybe.

All I know is that this person you are interested in, could just be a rebound. Although, people said the same thing to me, "He is just your rebound". Look at us now.

You need to be happy!

Let me ask you this, do you think it could just be a rebound? How long have you known him? Has he been married before? Is he worried that he might just be a rebound?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 01:17 PM

You don't have to let your feelings go, but you should take your time, and enjoy each others company, without getting carried away.

That would ruin all the good stuff, wouldn't it? You just came from a painful experience and while its nothing wrong with having a good time, what's the hurry? Take it slow, and savor it.

Then you both get a chance to examine your feelings along the way.

Talaniman Rules-Never assume that your feelings are shared by any one else.

Talaniman Rule- Enjoy getting to know someone, and keep it real.

Talaniman Rule-Never follow your heart when it's so broken, it makes the brain feel like mush

Talaniman Rule- never be in a hurry to give your heart to a stranger. Wait until they have proven they deserve it, and know what to do with it.

Talaniman Rule- Doesn't matter how intense the feelings, or how much fun you have, never give your heart to someone you don't know well, and thats only after the lust has worn off for you both.

I have found that friends with intense feelings, is a lot different when the first wave of romance has faded, and reality sets in. No matter how long you have known a person as a friend, its different when you become romantically involved, and find out even more, deeper, more intimate details, into their character.

Most people have only to look at the choices they made in partners before to know that feelings blinds judgment sometimes.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Apr 2, 2010, 02:10 PM

It is definitely not a rebound guy I don't do that that ends up hurting someone and I have been hurt enough in the past to do that to someone, we talk we laugh and have a lot of things in common, we do enjoy each others company we haven't had sex kissed or anything. So the lust thing is not an issue, we enjoy stimulating conversation and each other. With my husband I can't even carry on an intelligent conversation with him, he has this stuck on stupid look on his face and says "huh". I tried talking our relationship out with him but get nowhere... well anyway thank you for your advice and I will take into consideration

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gay man in love with married man [ 3 Answers ]

About three yrs ago I met a guy on a gay website... he had sent he a note and we met... although I thought I was totally out of his league... and thought that I would never see him again for some reason he continued to visit me often... it was always oral sex me giving him receiving... and there...

In Florida if a man has not put his name on the birth certificate can another man [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my wife recently got married and the father of her 3 year old hasn't been around and we have tried to make contact with him about seeing his child but never came around.. can I adopt the baby girl because she doesn't carry his last name?

Film with a man shrunk and injected into another man? [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone no the film I'm talking about where a man is shrunken and is in a syring and then gets injected into someone else, think he goes round the other mans body in a little spaceship type thing.

What movie is this? Black man and white man lost at sea in a small boat. [ 1 Answers ]

Somebody please help me with the title of a movie, more than likely a TV movie but could have been a theater movie that was probably made in the seventies. I was 9 years old in 1977 and the only scene I remember was of a black man and a white man in a small boat lost at sea and at one point they...

Middle aged Gay Man in love with a married straight man [ 30 Answers ]

I've lived a long time and had many experiences but this one is driving me crazy. In my younger days I've had bedded straight married men and didn't find it satisfying because I was in it for love and they were in it for sex. That was 25 years ago, now here I am 25 years older and wiser and find...

View more questions Search