Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valbelo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 03:27 PM
    Secondary card holder
    There were charges made on my card buy the secondary user. Payment were late and this went on my credit . Will the creditor allow the secondary card holder to take over entire account and take my name off if both card holders agree to this. Or can a judge order the credit card company to do this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 2, 2006, 03:31 PM
    Why would they take your name off, when they can hold you liable and make you pay??

You would have to cancell the cards and get new ones.

And no this is a legal contract you had with them, so you are liable if you allow a secondary person to charge on the account.
    valbelo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 06:59 PM
    I had a $2500 limit on my card and my secondary card holder sent in a bad check for $2600 which the creditor honored and applied to my account, the next day my secondary card holder charged up $2000 worth of items about aweek later the check got returned for innsuffient funds and my account is over the limit. And Im being held responsiple. Shouldn't the creditor wait until the check was cleared before they applied it as credit to my account. Obvoiusly my second card holder denies this but I have list of charges. Please help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Secondary master not detected in bios [ 5 Answers ]

Bios does not detect secondary master in boot up although does show it on my computer and shows working properly. Having brought the system brand new I changed the dvd combi drive for a dvd rom and separate dvd writer and both function perfectly well during operation. All cables are connected...

Who is holder in Due Course? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a promissory note, stamped and signed as follows: Pay to the order of Mortgage Co. X, without recourse mortgage Co. Y and signed by President of company and E.V.P. also shows: Pay to the order of _____________without recourse, Mortgage Co. X signed by president and C.F.O. ...

Former H1-B holder and W8-BEN [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I used to work in NYC (on a H1-B visa) and have accumulated about $20000 in my company's 401K account but have since moved back to Canada (I'm a Canadian citizen). I have requested a withdrawal of the full amount and I just received a request to fill out the W8-BEN form by the Bank of NY (I...

Secondary Card Holder vs. Co-Signer [ 4 Answers ]

I am a secondary card holder (NOT a co-signer) on my mother's credit card. The card has now been sent to debt collectors (she claims it is all my debt and I say that it is shared, but no one is paying on it). What type of impact does the bad debt have on my credit report? Can she take her name...

View more questions Search