Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pywacket1952 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2010, 02:55 AM
    Vents
    I am replacing my air conditioning/heating system with a geothermal system. Some contractors have told me that the vents in place now are air conditioning vents only, and that they must be replaced for the heating to also come from the ceiling. Is there a difference between forced air heating vents and air conditioning vents?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 04:31 AM
    I am no HVAC contractor,but in laymen terms,Heat rises,cold falls,if you have vents on the ceiling or high on the walls,they are good for the A/C,If there are vents on the floor,they are good for heat and A/C as the heat goes up and around a room,A/C goes up and the down when cooling a room.

Tit for tat, But again,I am not an HVAC person,maybe they'll have a better description.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Apr 2, 2010, 03:04 PM

If you don't have problem with your existing system, don't touch the vents

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can inline vents replace existing vents [ 0 Answers ]

Can Oatey Inline vents replace original vents? I have replaced some DWV pvc in the basement and I have a slop sink that drains into a 2' and then to the 4inch main. Can I install this inline vent onto the 2inch pvc ? The Instuctions say 6 inches above trap. You suggestion is...

(2) vents in one [ 3 Answers ]

I have 3 existing vents through my basement wall in one area of my house and would like to tie my basement Bathroom vent into one of them. Is this legal? I'm trying to avoid another wall/siding penetration. The existing vents are (1) for the cooktop down draft; (1) for my electric dryer; (1) for...

Drain vents [ 5 Answers ]

I have three drains, kitchen, shower, and bath sink (in that order from Norht to South) that will run along the same wall. The distance is only about 16 feet. I was planning to place only one vent at the kitchen drain thinking that should be OK since it is the faaarthest from the entry to the...

Vents and/or Registers [ 3 Answers ]

When not using parts of the house, is it recommended to close the vents in those rooms or does this effect the efficiency of the gas pack system? Thanks

Why are there vents? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, it looks like moving the toilet is way beyond my diy skills right now. So I am back to the original plan of just moving the supply lines. Ripping the drywall off has revealed even more interesting things. The cold water pipe looks like that mousetrap game with more turns than a...

View more questions Search