Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tairu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 08:32 PM
    I am confused about my best friend.
    Well I have a best friend her name is A. Ok well I am kind of go on with this problem it all started when she first came and we first met. I had always thought she was really pretty. We had a little hello introduction and then that was it. It was later that day she had gotten my number from one of my ex's so she called me. Me and her had talked and flirted and I did kind of like her but I had liked someone else. :( Sadly me and that someone else didn't work and broke up. The thing was A was there for me and asked if I was all right and everything. It had been about a month and we did not talk much but then beginning of December and we were writing on myspace I asked her what her new phone number was and we started texting. She had a boyfriend already but we were still doing that playful flirting and all. My little brother was having a play on December 20th I had decided to stay home. A little bit after my mom left A texted me saying she was at the school for her little brothers play. I told her my little brother was at a play so she asked me to come up there. So I had decided to walk up there and hang with her. Me and A walked around the school talking. We had talked about kissing (Since I hadn't kissed no one at the time) and how I need to kiss someone. I do not know if whether she was leaving signs that she wanted to kiss me or not but I wanted to kiss her. It was Christmas me and her decided to hang out down at the pier. Me and her had hung out most all that day sitting watching the sun set she told me about most of her life. It was about 8:00 it was a little dark so we walked down onto the beach she looked me in the eye for a little then ran back up toward the bench and sat down. The night basically ended nice. It went on a little more I started to like her more. We had been talking, texting and flirting you name it. She had dumped her one Boyfriend and went on to another. As for me stayed single. It was February and I went out with another girl. Me and the one girl broke up sadly after two weeks. Then my best buddy D went out with A. They broke up after a month finally me and A talked it was about a day after she told me everything. She told me she liked me and that every time she was single she waited for me to ask her out but I never did. We then went out the next day but then we broke up cause she said it was weird cause we were like best friends. We still talked and everything but then about a couple weeks later we started making a journal for each other just talking about stuff. Well then we hung out this one day and we almost kissed we both looked each other right in the eye. Then she left saying she had to go. I walked home not knowing what would have happen. The next day we hung out and we talked. She told me it was kind of weird that sometimes I try making a move. She said sometimes she needs me as a best friend but sometimes she wants me as a boyfriend. She said she was really confused about everything. A then said it might be better if we drifted away from being best friends. So I left feeling depressed as ever feeling like I lost her from my life. Then she text me a little bit later on in the day. We talked then she called. She told me she was holding in trying not to cry and she told me I would never lose her. She told me she doesn't know what to do or anything. I told her I would try to keep my feelings to myself and that I knew I should have never told her I liked her but she said no she wanted me to of. Later that night her myspace said she almost messed something up with someone. Later he status said I Love you T (Me). And she has been texting me happily from then on out. So what now?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 09:21 PM

I guess best friends are taking the next step. Keep doing whatever you're doing. How old are you? And best to keep personal information OFF the net.
    Tairu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 09:29 PM

Oh trust me this is not even my real name none of the names I used are real.
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Apr 1, 2010, 11:12 PM

He was talking about the myspace account. But hey it sounds like she is finally ready to move on with you. And if I might add (and you can explane this to her as well) your wife, partner, girlfriend, or fiancé are your best friend.

You are closer to this person than anyone else in the world and it would sound like you are already on that personal note. Meaning that the next step in the relationship is to make it a relationship. Devote yourselves to each other and love each other. Because you cannot be with someone that is not your closest friend. My fiancé is my best friend, I have a best bud too but that doesn't mean that he is even near as close to me as she is. She knows my every secret, my personality, what I will say next, what I like to eat, my favorit color, my everything. She knows me in and out and most of the time I think I know her in and out.

Of course there will be problems in the future. There are with all relationships. But you have to work through them and always remember what brought you together in the first place.

What she is worried about is that if you break up she will lose her best friend forever. It doesn't have to end like that. If you break up on mutual terms or if one of you down the line realize that its just not meant to be more than friends, be gentle about it and you can still be friends. It will be hard but you know it'll be worth it.

Good luck and step it up OK man. Don't let her get away as she sounds like a REAL keeper.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 04:50 AM

Don't know how old you are, or where this is headed, but enjoy it. Be good to each other, and understanding when times are not so good.

And don't smother each other so you can grow together.

You sound like a nice fit together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about friend potentially more [ 2 Answers ]

Basically, me and this girl have been friends for over 3 years now and at first it was just friends but then I started to slowly like her more over time. We have not been on a date yet, we have not kissed either. But what is confusing me is she keeps changing her mind about us so much and...

Confused about my friend [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: can some one please give me advice on how to help my friend who might be taking drugs and also how to stop him from drinking. He is only 13 and is throwing his life away:confused:

Confused about friend [ 4 Answers ]

I have been friends with this guy for many years, but a few years ago we started confiding in each other about personal issues and I started to develop very strong feelings for him. I sometimes thought he felt the same. A year ago he told me he loved me and I told him that I loved him. We have...

Confused between friend and love [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Members, I would like to seed for advice. What should I do? I meat a girl in the internet. We starting to be friend for the past 4 months. Ever since I know her she keep telling me about her problems with her families and keep mentioned that she has an complecated relations. Days goes each...

Friend confused [ 7 Answers ]

Well I am already pregnant but this is not about me its to help my friend she doesn't have internet so I told her id post her problem up here because this site has helped me a whole out when I started pregnancy... Well my friend last month in the middle of the month had brownish pinkish discharge...

View more questions Search