Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamesinoldfortnc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 05:08 PM
    Want to start biking - mountain biking
    Hey there - I'm 31, not in the best of shape but not terrible either. Probably 20-30 lbs overwieght to be in perfect shape. Its been about a year since I rode, and even then just sporadically. I'm not that great on a bike but I know the basics - not much more. My goal eventually is to trail ride - mountain biking.
    Should I try to start on trails or roads? Or just around parks and such? When I get out on a trail I pretty much walk half the time, very discouraging. Hills are even worse, lol.
    Thanks for any advice.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 1, 2010, 05:33 PM

Check in your area for local mountain biking clubs. Such clubs often have novice rides with leaders who will help instruct you on the techniques needed for mountain biking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biking for weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

I want to loss weight, am doing 45 minutes uphill walk (apprx 2.5 km) and then a 30 minutes downhill. If I switch to biking of 1-2 hours will it be more effective then uphill walk.

Biking and weight loss [ 13 Answers ]

Hi I am a male 22 yrs old 5'9 height and weigh 144lbs I have a bike in my room if I was to use the fat burn program on it for 1 hour will I burn calories ? I am on a diet of 500 calories a day ?will I lose more weight using my bike

Biking for exercise. [ 8 Answers ]

HI there, So I think I have found a solution to weight loss. My friend just lost a ton of weight biking, now I have a few questions regarding this. Will my tummy be the last weight to be lost since it doesn't seem to be an integral part of the work out? Are there any exercise tips for...

Biking [ 2 Answers ]

AM I hurting my nether regions when I bike?

Biking... Questions [ 20 Answers ]

All right, I started riding about two weeks ago. Everyday I do about 5.4 miles of relatively flat riding (In NY, so as flat as it gets). On saturdays I try to do 2 rides. I can do the ride in about 25 minutes on average. I weigh 205 at 6' and I used to be about 175, but over the last 2 years...

View more questions Search