Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twizted_41301 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 02:52 PM
    Ok can someone please answer this question for me?
    Ok,I've always heard that ou should brush your hair 100times every night and for the past... while... I've been doing that,but I just got to know,why should you brush your hair every night for 100 times?What does it do to your hair?Ugh, I'm confused. Thanks you guyz.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 2, 2006, 03:09 PM
    No need to email when we can aswer you here? One hundred strokes is an old custom. It was more commonly practiced back when hygiene habits were different and bathing was not as daily. Brushing was a means to remove dirt, much like is done to clean horse or dog coats. It was also meant to distribute scalp oil evenly through the hair to condition it. Today we have daily bathing, better shampoos and cetainly conditioners to do that.
    hair2color Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 07:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twizted_41301
    Ok,i've always heard that ou should brush your hair 100times everynight and for the past....while...i've been doing that,but I just got to know,why should you brush your hair everynight for 100 times?What does it do to your hair?Ugh, i'm confused. Thanks you guyz.
    That's basically an old wive's tale. You don't need to brush your hair that much, in fact, that much brushing could hurt it. The reason behind it is to distribute the oil throughout the hair better. The hair's natural oil is a great conditioner, that's why shampooing everyday is not recommened for everybody. The natural oils need to be present for shiny health hair. Too much shampooing rids the hair of its oil. Just brush normally, and forget the 100 strokes rule.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 3, 2006, 12:28 AM
    Brushing helps spread the natural oils through hair, making it look shinier and healthier. However, too much brushing can split and thin the hair. To keep hair soft and shiny, use a good conditioner. You can also use hair serum or pomade if you want your hair to look shiny and smooth.
    twizted_41301 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 11:48 PM
    Hey thank you all for helping me... I've quit brushin my hair now!. Umm let me rephrase that LOl... I've quit brushing my hair that much now.. thank you all!
    blondietw17 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 12:32 PM
    Comment on twizted_41301's post
    That's OK hun . Start from the bottom and work your way up to the roots that way you won't pull your hair out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi this is a very odd question but please answer it [ 16 Answers ]

Hi I have shaved my pubic hair if I said to my friend I have would that be normal if I told him I have shaved it ? And would it be normal if I showed it to him as well or would he call me gay boy or think I am gay pleae answer this it is very odd question but pleasse answer it :confused:

Silly question, but still please answer eh ;) [ 26 Answers ]

OK, you may all think I'm being overly worried about this situation, but that's just me eh ;) Anyhow, here's the backstory... I'm a senior in university and for the longest time, obviously until recently, was in a longterm relationship (nearly 4 years), we began dating summer after HS, both at...

Likely an easy question to answer [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently received my credit reports from all three companies. When looking at them, I saw that a couple of accounts have potentially negative items on them. When reviewing them, I got a bit confused on the terms under "Responsibility". Some say individual (I figured that one out!), some...

Hotmail password and answer question [ 2 Answers ]

,hiii, I forgott my hotmail password and answer question, in this address, [email protected], plzz help me, quikly, thanks

View more questions Search