Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxxame17xxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2010, 06:43 AM
    How can I get myself into foster care
    I'm tired of living in the same house with my parents they make me feel like I should never have been born . They shout at me, call me names, my dad occasionally hits me . Ever since I was young he used to hit me frequently over tiny mistakes but when I was 12 I spoke up & I got him to stop sometimes . They punish me unfairly & don't let me out of the house often . Like yesterday I called my dad asking if I could go out he said wait till I get home & then so I did so & he tricked me he didn't let me out of the house . He also lies to me I had some money saved up & he told me to give it to him . And I disagreed & he said if I gave it to him he would exchange it & give it to me when I needed it I trusted him & when I asked for it he wouldn't give it back to me . My friends say I should go into foster care & I think that would be the best solution but I don't want to move country I'm just starting my GSCE's & I don't want to spoil everything . Yesterday night after they didn't let me go out I called the police & explained everything they said they couldn't do anything that we had to speak to social services & since its easter break we can't till Wednesday . I can't stand a day more in this house it's too many years of neglect & physical abuse & emotional . I have tried to kill myself several times & if this doesn't work out again I might forget about my future & kill myself once & for all . Please Help !
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 04:03 AM

Hi guy, please don't commit suicide, you have too much life to live yet when you finally move out of the house and become your own person. At that time you will never have to see your parents again. You are l7, right ? Well you haven't got far to go and can forget foster care because that really isn't an option for you right now.

At the same time, I would like to hear your parents side of this story, as I truly believe there is a lot to tell.

Tick
    Mojo1348 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Sep 6, 2010, 10:27 AM

I think once you reach 18 your parents can kiss you goodbye... better be prepared before you exit. It's not easy once you're on your own kid! I think your parents might be over-protective or something has happened that they are reacting this way, keeping you at home & not allowing you to be with friends. We need to hear the whole story to assess it.
    dad1995 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 09:52 AM
    Y don't u do a runre
    dwayne smith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 11:58 AM
    Hi, I'm going through a simler thing I have tried to quit suiside but it has only ruined my body so I DO NOT recommend it, and as for doing a runner I have tried it and just got hurt. I can't say its my parents because I only have a mum my dad died when I was 12 but just sick it out till your 18 than get rid of the people you don't want and start living your life with the people you want and the people you love I do recommend sociel services I have them they are brillient I have put all my trust in them they have helped me a lot.

I hope you have the best future posible and just think about your like.

Hope I've helped... x
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Mar 21, 2012, 11:06 PM
    Foster care is the not answer to resolving family conflict. Your parents are making mistakes - they should not be calling you names. Can you move in with another relative? Would it be OK with your parents if you went to live with a relative for a while? You may not like your parents rules - but there will be rules wherever you go. Can you suggest that you - or you and your parents go to counseling? Killing yourself is also not a solution. You are young and have a future ahead. You are already upset with the situation at home so you need someone to talk with.
    Katyfb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2012, 01:16 PM
    Yeah. My parents are really over protective of me and my bro. I think that you shouldn't kill yourself, cut yourself, hang, whatever. That's just going to make them even more protective of you. Ive tried that. It so doesn't work. Anyway... if you wasn't foster care. Go aheah, but if you really want to be adopted. You might be a little too old for that. So. Talk with some social services man and everything will work out. Talk out for yourself and in a year or so when you'vegot a car and a house, you can get the hell out of that house.
    meg1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 12:47 PM
    I am going through a simaler thing but this time my family have turned against me ihave self harmed but its just taking it out on you when its what theyhave done I highly recommend you ring child line and get professinal help ad don't do anything stupid
    ommi_kosher Posts: 32, Reputation: -1

May 16, 2012, 05:30 PM
    Your 17 you can leave now that's what I would do I've tried to out myself 2 or more time I feel your pain
    tallgirl123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2013, 04:55 PM
    This is a true fact but because my mom will kill me because I will just play with her or just make a tiny mistake but now I don't like how they treat me its so diffirent from my sister and brothers they are like angels when it comes down too little mistakes and I don't like it period but because my parents beat me like they don't want me as their child or is it the fact that they just don't like mr but I'm gone find out and I'm am talking to social services

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Foster care? [ 1 Answers ]

Can my parents give up their rights and put me in foster care? My step mom wants me to go. Can she do that? My mom has no legal custody of me. My dad and step mom have full guardianship. Im kind of worried

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

Foster care [ 1 Answers ]

If my rights where taken from one of my other kids , can they take my right from my other child that I had that they took a 18 moths old??

Foster care [ 1 Answers ]

I hate my life at home so much, today my mum even told me she wants me out her life. So I want to take action and become fostered, but I don't know where to start?! Pleasee help mee!!

View more questions Search