Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edslovitt Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2010, 03:48 PM
    Widows pension & social security
    I am a widow age 48, my husband age 55 suddenly died. He has paid he full amount towards Social security. I have two children, age 17 and 13. Am I entitled to his Social Security benefit as well as benefits for the two children? I am currently employed as a physical therapist.
    edslovitt Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2010, 03:51 PM

I am a widow age 48. My husband age 55 suddenly passed away. I am working full time as a physical therapist. I have two dependent children, 17 and 13. Am I entitled to his widows Social Security benefit as well as the benefit for my two children?
    Carl17 Posts: 66, Reputation: 9

Mar 31, 2010, 03:53 PM
    Social Security survivors benefits can be paid to:
    A widow or widower -- full benefits at full retirement age, or reduced benefits as early as age 60
    A disabled widow or widower -- as early as age 50
    A widow or widower at any age if he or she takes care of the deceased's child who is under age 16 or disabled, and receiving Social Security benefits
    Unmarried children under 18, or up to age 19 if they are attending high school full time. Under certain circumstances, benefits can be paid to stepchildren, grandchildren, or adopted children.
    Children at any age who were disabled before age 22 and remain disabled.
    Dependent parents age 62 or older

Source: Government Social Security Website (Social Security Online: Widows, Widowers & Other Survivors: Qualify and Apply)
    emrof Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 10:24 AM
    I am currently receiving a widow's pension with respects to my late husband. If my current husband dies do I receive both pensions?
    jolinspain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 09:12 AM
    My Husband was pension age when he died last march 2010 I have received brievement allowanace only for 52 weeks this ends in 6 weeks time... I am under pension age... do I receive any of my late husbands state pension at my age 58yr old.. when 52 weeks are up.. Or what has happened to my husbands national insurance constibutions,,
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 01:29 PM

Jolinspain - it's best to start a new thread when asking a new question, rather than tacking onto an older, different question. And it would be helpful if you tell us what country you are from, as systems are different. I'm guessing you are in the UK, whereas the original question in this thread was about Social Security in the US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security Widows Pension [ 7 Answers ]

If you remarry can you still collect your Social Security Widows pension?

Social security widows pension [ 7 Answers ]

I am 48 with no children and my husband just passed away on Sunday 1/3/10, am I entitled to widowers pension payments?

Social security widows benefits [ 1 Answers ]

My neighboor Alice is a 62 years old housewife that never worked. Her husband is 74 and receives $1,400 net social security income. If he dies, I guess she would receive only half of that amount. Some have said the benefit at age 60 would be reduced by 28.5% Probably take home in the...

Pension /social security taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I am 56 years old. I plan on retiring at 60 from lockheed martin. Do I have to pay any taxes on my pension amount? Do I pay 85% on SS amounts in excess of $44,000 (married,file jointly)? Thanks for your help.

Protecting Social Security and Pension when in debt [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are losing our home due to illness. He is 62 and receiving SSD benefits and I am 60 and receive a pension. This is the only income we have. I am currently working with creditors (owing 25K)to work out a payment plan however if they get a judgement against us can they attach his...

View more questions Search