Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khancock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 10:22 AM
    Ceiling fan turning and the lights are turning
    For some reason the lights are turning alone with the fan? Actually spinning on the shaft. I have black, white and ground wire from the ceiling and a blue, black and white wire from the ceiling fan. I'm connecting the blue, black from the ceiling fan to the black from the ceiling and the white from the ceiling fan to the white from the ceiling. Since the bracket is metal and the wire box in the ceiling is metal it should serve a ground. What's wrong?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 07:18 PM

What make/model is the fan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lights/ceiling fan turning on by themselves [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know this has been asked before but not recently (that I see) so I'll bring up this subject again. I live in a townhouse that is approximately 15 years old and I've lived there for almost 10. Over the last year or two, the bedroom light (which is part of a ceiling fan has come on -...

Ceiling fans and lights turning on by themselves [ 1 Answers ]

I have ceiling fans (with lights) in bedrooms and familyroom. They are controlled by switch w/battery. The fans and/or lights started coming on by themselves. Thought might be battery. Replaced batteries. Still have problem. Took batteries out of switch and the fans and/or lights still come...

Ceiling fan not turning [ 1 Answers ]

My husband installed a ceiling fan with remote a year ago, shortly after, the fan stopped moving but the light comes on. Is this an easy fix?

Ceiling Fan Remote not turning Light on [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install the remote control to the Harbor Breeze Triton Ceiling fan. Everything is running accept with the exception of the light. There was Three wires coming from the box; White, Black, and Green. All wire connected correctly. The fan works with the remote, However, the light...

View more questions Search