Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jean and andy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 09:43 AM
    My son does not live with his girlfriend does he have the same rights to there child
    My son lives a home his daughter lives with her mom they are still together she only lets him take his daughter out when she says and how long for i.e. if he comes to my house with her once a week and as to be back in an hour and half with her because her mom says she as more rights
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 10:15 AM
    Have they been to court over visitation, custody and child support? If not, he has the same rights she does.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 01:05 PM

Is he on the birth certificate ? If so they are equal parents till they go to court and get court ordered visits
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 02:40 PM

He needs to get this situation straightened out. By going to court and asserting his rights and also supporting the child he can have much more time with his child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I restore my rights if my child wants to live with me? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has been around my parents all her life, her mom has been abusing her and doing drugs. Cps has taken her kids away, because of this. My mom would like to get foster custody why her and her husband get straighten out. My daughter is 13 and wants to live with me and my parents. Is there...

What rights does a father who doesn't live with the child have? [ 22 Answers ]

Okay... I recently just broke up with my boyfriend who just so happens to be my daughter's father. At first, he didn't claim our daughter because his family didn't want to claim her because his family wanted all the attention to be on their new baby. He stated before getting his paternity test that...

Son had child with girlfriend.had paternity test to be sure [ 5 Answers ]

Hi.. my 21 yr old son has been going through hell... he met this 20 yr old girl from broken home who was living with an abusive boyfriend, and after 3 weeks into their "relationship" she became pregnant... he took her for restraining order & it was granted but she continued to go back to boyfriend...

Live in girlfriend her son & married daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

I moved in with my girlfriend and her 17 year old son, into her house about 1 year ago. She also has a 23 year old daughter that is married she is now living with us because her husband left to Iraq. That's not a problem. My problem now is that I have a small business and my girlfriend runs the...

Son just turned 12, wants to live w/ his DAD and the Girlfriend [ 17 Answers ]

Hello. My son just turned 12. His father tells me and also now my son tells me that he wants to go live with his father. I have no idea why. Currently, we have EQUAL 50% - 50% living arrangements where we BOTH live in the same town, only minutes apart, in the SAME school district, but in a...

View more questions Search