Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 31, 2010, 03:51 AM
    Edith is a mommy
    Edith gave birth to six kittens, tonight. Labor started a little after 1am, with the kittens being born between 2:40 and 4:30 am.

I was worried about one, because it took him a long to to figure out suckling. He seems to be one of the strongest, now.

I'm still a little worried about the runt. I'll be keeping extra-special eye on him to make sure he gets all the food he needs. Edith's such a little cat and there are so many babies, she might have trouble feeding them all.

So far, she's a very good mommy. She's made sure all of them are clean. After more than 4 hours of labor, she's more than happy to just lay there and let them eat and sleep.

After the first one was born, which took more than an hour, she settled right into the process and didn't seem at all phased. She cleaned them all and cleaned up after each one.

She DID, however, decide to give birth on my carpet. 3 boxes scattered around the house, and she decides to give birth on the floor BEHIND one of them. She started in one of the other boxes, and apparently decided the floor on the other side of the room was MUCH more appropriate, which left me to scrub the carpet after moving the babies to the box she gave birth behind. It's better, but I don't think the stain's ever going to come completely out.

She has, 2 all black kittens, 3 black and white ones, and one black and orange. A couple of the black and black and white ones seem to show faint orange markings, but it's hard to be sure.

albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 04:27 AM

Awwww, congrats Edith :D
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 04:52 AM

Congratulations, Edith and Heath. :)

They are a lovely family.:)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 04:57 AM

They are so sweet Heath!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 05:37 AM
    Congrats Edith! Congrats Heath! They are beautiful babies!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 05:39 AM

Dang! I can't see the picture on this computer!

But congrats! And Congrats Edith! Lots of hug n snuggles!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 07:39 AM

Where are you again? I LOVE that little tortie!

Congrats!
    Experts

Mar 31, 2010, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Where are you again? I LOVE that little tortie!!

Congrats!
    I'm in Ohio. Not THAT far from you, when you consider that we have people in australia ^_~

I ended up taking a little nap. Now I HAVE to go to work. All the babies are doing just fine, as is mommy. She wolfed down an entire can of wet food in under 2 minutes.

only one baby is completely black. All the rest have white and/or orange markings. At least now I KNOW I was right about the ginormous orange tom I saw hanging around ^_^

I don't Want to go to work. I want to stay HERE and look at the babies *pouts*
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:45 AM

Awww they are so cute :D
    Congrats!
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Awww they are so cute :D
    Congrats!
    Hey are so sweet!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Congratulations Edith and hheath541!

I remember when one of my cats (she's now passed on) gave birth to her litter on one of the stairs to the second floor of our home.

She gave birth to five.
    Experts

Mar 31, 2010, 11:49 AM

Some cats pick strange places to give birth.

My sister had a cat that gave birth next to her head while she was sleeping. I have no idea HOW she slept through it, but she woke up to newborn kittens just a few inches from her face.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    some cats pick strange places to give birth.

my sister had a cat that gave birth next to her head while she was sleeping. i have no idea HOW she slept through it, but she woke up to newborn kittens just a few inches from her face.
    I hope you can find homes for them!:)
    Experts

Mar 31, 2010, 12:14 PM

I hope so, too.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 03:59 PM
    I gave most of my cats kittens away to private students of mine. If you ask neighbors, relatives and friends to help to find homes, I'll bet you'll get good results in short order!
    Experts

Mar 31, 2010, 04:18 PM

All my relatives are about 200 miles away. Most of my friends are at least that far away, and most of them I've never met in person.

I'll be asking my neighbors and my boss if they know anyone willing and able to give a kitten a good home.

Tomorrow, I need to find a bigger box. I wasn't expecting so many babies, and poor edith has to climb out of the box to stretch out. Give it a week and she won't fit in the box with them at all. There's a couple stores close by I can ask around at. I'm sure I'll find a box with no problem.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 04:21 PM
    You're excellent with starting up conversations and communicating! I'm sure that things will happen fast!
    Experts

Mar 31, 2010, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    You're excellent with starting up conversations and communicating! I'm sure that things will happen fast!
    Hehe. In person I tend to be very quiet and keep to myself. If it wasn't for work, I could easily go days without actually talking to another human being.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 04:40 PM

Those Kitties are some cute Hheath!
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 05:16 PM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    hehe. In person I tend to be very quiet and keep to myself. If it wasn't for work, I could easily go days without actually talking to another human being.
    I can identify with that! I also tend to be quiet. I also enjoy my privacy. Get me leading a group though, and I explode into activity!

I used to go for days not speaking with anyone when I lived on a small, family owned farm by myself. But, that wasn't healthy doing that and I also was tending to destroy myself with self-abuse... I lived there for 11 long years...

But, that was a few decades ago. Things are much different now...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My edith [ 4 Answers ]

I want to bring my ghananian partner to holland. What does she need to get permission to leave Ghana?

A New Mommy [ 4 Answers ]

What do I do? I just had my baby a week ago and I'm breast feeding him and baby daddy wants to take him to he's mom's house.. I keep on telling him no to understand that he is small but he says he doesn't give a **** what I say... he's never helped me with anything for the baby.. and some times...

I'm a mommy. [ 6 Answers ]

I had a beautiful baby boy on Sept. 19th.. he is premature.. 11 weeks to be exact.. he is a little fighter.. I had some complactions and the dr didn't want to risk my life to carry him full term... but he is doing so wonderful.. breathing on his own and all.. he was born at 28 weeks and 3 days.. he...

Mommy who needs to know [ 10 Answers ]

o.k so here is my story , when I was 17 I had a son I was really young ang hated his father , I lived with my grandma , and right after I had a baby my great grandfather died so my grandma couldn't help me so I moved in with baby dad and his family ,I really wasn't ready to be a mom , so I went out...

View more questions Search