Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 05:18 PM

Wow! A farm you're an yourself? That's amazing. Tough work. I couldn't imagine the amount of self abuse you went through. Did you have many animals? Did you kind of "live off the land". Not sure if that is the right expression.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Wow! A farm your an your self? Thats amazing. Tough work. I couldn't imagine the amount of self abuse you went through. Did you have many animals? Did you kind of "live off the land". Not sure if that is the right expression.
    It was a very old farm and not a functional one, other than for vegetable and flower gardening.

I was alone and had a workshop where I worked on pianos and refinshed things for people.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 05:37 PM

Oh I see. Still sounds cool. But it sounded like you didn't like it too much. I could understand why. Sometimes being alone all the time gets a little much.

Hheath how are those cute little kittens doing?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 31, 2010, 06:50 PM

They're cute and adorable and seem just as healthy as could be.

Edith is torn between wanting the same type of attention she got before, and taking care of her babies. I make sure to stop and pet her and scratch her ears every time I walk past the box, which is every time I leave the room.

While the kittens are relying on her for all their food, she's going to be getting two cans of wet food a day, with access to all the dry food she feels like eating. Her food also got moved to right next to the box, so she can keep an eye on her babies. She still has to go across the house to use the litter box, but she seems to enjoy a little time away from all the babies climbing all over her.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 10:40 PM

Congratulations Mrs. Edith! :)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 11:14 PM

Very cute kittens. Nice mommy. Box is too small. The camouflage is cool.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 11:17 PM

They are so cute Heath. I think the top one, the one with the most orange, should be named Alty. Just a hint. ;)

I'd take one in a heart beat, if only the darn family wasn't allergic. I need a separate home for my pets. :(

Keep the pictures coming as they get bigger and congrats to you and momma Edith. :)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 07:36 AM

That one with the orange (the tortie) is so totally the one I staked out.

But alas, I have been informed that we are NOT driving to OH for a kitten, no matter HOW cute it is.

I think they should be named Jan, Marsha, Cindy, Bobby, Greg and Peter, personally.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2010, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post

But alas, I have been informed that we are NOT driving to OH for a kitten, no matter HOW cute it is.

I think they should be named Jan, Marsha, Cindy, Bobby, Greg and Peter, personally.

Good idea!:D
    Dogs Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 08:03 AM

Do you deliver to Canada?
    Experts

Apr 1, 2010, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    They are so cute Heath. I think the top one, the one with the most orange, should be named Alty. Just a hint. ;)

I'd take one in a heart beat, if only the darn family wasn't allergic. I need a separate home for my pets. :(

Keep the pictures coming as they get bigger and congrats to you and momma Edith. :)
    hmmm... I might just name them after you guys. That would be cool. Then, of course, there was emop's suggestion that I name edith mop (before she told me her name is edith). Right now, they're too young to tell me their names.

I will continue to take pictures just as soon as I buy more batteries. My camera goes through cheap batteries at a rate that almost makes it not worth the saved money.

sorry, I am NOT naming them after the brady bunch. Besides, they're still too young to sex.

Do you deliver to Canada?
    I don't drive, so I deliver to anywhere I can ride my bike to. I would ride my bike to canada, but there's a little bit of water in the way. It's called LAKE ERIE ^_^
    Dogs Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 09:05 AM

Just get a ramp and jump it. I am sure if ET can do it, you can too! :p
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 09:12 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Am I a cyber auntie now??

If I lived closer, I'd drive right over! We'd be overwhelmed with kittens about now had we not gotten our two feral girls spayed.
    Experts

Apr 1, 2010, 09:13 AM
    Just get a ramp and jump it. I am sure if ET can do it, you can too!! :p
    As awesome as that would be, I don't think it's possible.

I DO, however, want to get a basket for my bike that has a lid so I can take kitties on bike rides. Once the kittens are nursing less, edith starts harness and leash training. Any of the kittens I keep will get the same training. That way I can take them out on walks.
    Dogs Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 09:19 AM

That's an excellent idea! I bet they will love the oppurtunity to get outside!
    Experts

Apr 1, 2010, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Comments on this post
    Wondergirl agrees : I think there are mesh-sided baskets so your passenger(s) can see the sights.
    Yep, that's where I got the idea. I saw a lady with a wicker basket that had a wire lid that clipped shut. She had a little doggie in it.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 09:34 AM

If you name them after us, I INSIST that you use Synn for the tortie :)
    Dogs Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 09:35 AM

Like Toto!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 09:39 AM
    If you name them after us, I INSIST that you use Synn for the tortie :)
    Oh no. That torty is going to be named WG. HA!
    Experts

Apr 1, 2010, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Oh no. That torty is going to be named WG. HA!
    And HOW would I pronouce that when yelling at it for being bad?

I'll wait until their personalities start showing before naming them. Although, I keep want to call one of the black and white ones, spot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My edith [ 4 Answers ]

I want to bring my ghananian partner to holland. What does she need to get permission to leave Ghana?

A New Mommy [ 4 Answers ]

What do I do? I just had my baby a week ago and I'm breast feeding him and baby daddy wants to take him to he's mom's house.. I keep on telling him no to understand that he is small but he says he doesn't give a **** what I say... he's never helped me with anything for the baby.. and some times...

I'm a mommy. [ 6 Answers ]

I had a beautiful baby boy on Sept. 19th.. he is premature.. 11 weeks to be exact.. he is a little fighter.. I had some complactions and the dr didn't want to risk my life to carry him full term... but he is doing so wonderful.. breathing on his own and all.. he was born at 28 weeks and 3 days.. he...

Mommy who needs to know [ 10 Answers ]

o.k so here is my story , when I was 17 I had a son I was really young ang hated his father , I lived with my grandma , and right after I had a baby my great grandfather died so my grandma couldn't help me so I moved in with baby dad and his family ,I really wasn't ready to be a mom , so I went out...

View more questions Search