Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emely32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2010, 05:22 PM
    how to solve probability
    Suppose you roll two number cubes and pick a letter of the alphabet at random. Find the probability you roll 2 even numbers and pick one pf the vowels a,e,I,o or u.
    Can anyone help me solve this problem please...
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2010, 08:00 AM

Do it step by step.

1. What is the probability of getting an even number?
    2. Then, what is the probability of getting two even numbers?
    3. Then, what is the probability of getting a vowel among the 26 letters?
    4. Multiply 2. by 3. to get the answer. You use multiplication because you need both events to be happening at the same time, it's even numbers and vowel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to solve this probability? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay - this isn't homework. I took statistics and let's just say although it wasn't pretty, I passed. My boss asked me to solve this probability question back when I was taking stats and I could never figure it out. He wants to know the probability for a bowling raffle he is in every year. ...

Advanced probability question.. Help me I couldn't solve all [ 1 Answers ]

>>>>>I just need part D here<<<<< ////////////// 1- heart failure is due to either natural occurrences (87%) or outside factors (13%) outside factors are related to induced substances or foreign objects. Natural occurrences are caused by arterial blockage,disease, and infection. Assume that...

1 probability question I couldn't solve please help.. [ 2 Answers ]

7) The length of glass plates are measured to the nearest tenth of mm. The lengths are uniformly distributed between 590.0 and 590.9 i. If we select a sample of 10 plates, what is the probability that less than 4 of them have length under 590.3? ii. If we select a sample of 10 plates, what is the...

Probability can you tell me how to solve this [ 4 Answers ]

A sample of 4 different calculators is randomly selected from a group containing 15 that are defective and 30 that have no defects. What is the probability that at least one of the calculators is defective?:confused:

Solve the probability [ 1 Answers ]

Hello could any one help me in this?? / the following table shows the distribution of blood types in the general population A B AB O TOTAL Rh+ 34% 9% 4% 38% 85% Rh- 6% 2% 1% 6% 15%

View more questions Search