Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Germanyjon Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Mtd troubleshooting
    My Yard Machine manual states I have a 20 amp fuse mounted on the dash panal on the right side. I can't found it anywhere. Any suggestions?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 30, 2010, 02:58 PM

You need to examine your wiring harness. It could be a inline fuse that appears anywhere.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2010, 05:31 PM

Its by the battery and solenoid,sometimes it curls under the battery base plate.
    Its going to be a spade type fuse/
    Luck

Mar 31, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Thank you everyone!

BTW, the battery is dead but when I try to charge it, the charging unit shows it is fully charged. What gives?
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 08:29 AM

Probably has a dead cell this will show as good but will not put any current out.

Mar 31, 2010, 10:09 AM

What does the fused circuit control?
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 12:17 PM

Cranking,

Apr 1, 2010, 11:39 AM

I've put in a new spark plug and battery and refreshed the fuel by 2 gallons. Engine tries to start. Any suggestions?

Is there a fuel additive that will help? Would spraying ether into the air filter create a problem?
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2010, 11:44 AM

You could put some sea foam in your fuel.But no either .try spraying carb cleaner in the carb
    This should start it.
    Luck.

Apr 1, 2010, 12:07 PM

Is the carb located where the fuel line attaches? If so, I see no way to spray anything it it.
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2010, 05:58 PM

Take the air filter off then you can spray in there.

Apr 2, 2010, 07:17 AM

Thank you. Do you know where the model number is?
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 04:07 PM

Should be under the seat .

Apr 3, 2010, 09:26 AM
    I meant engine model number.

I put the carb cleaner in and it ran until it all was used and then quit. Same for putting fuel in the carb.

On my last try the engine began to occasionally seize. What does this mean?
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Apr 3, 2010, 01:07 PM

Is there a wire going t the bottom of the carb? If there is you probably are not getting current to it letting the gas go into the engine. Make sure you hear a click when you turn the key on.

Apr 4, 2010, 09:51 AM
    No wire

What is the white disk on the fuel line?
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2010, 10:54 AM

That's the fuel filter,take the bowl off the bottom of the carb,run a wire up through were you took the bolt off that holds the carb on.do not spray carb cleaner on the inside of the carb it has a rubber seat .The engine number will be on the valve cover or the piece of metal covering the muffler

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I troubleshooting my MTD lawn tractor? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There, I have one MTD lawn tractor for many years. It is a MTD 14.5/42” 7 speed model. It stopped working during cutting the grass recently, and then I could not start this tractor any more. After then, I had replaced the new battery, new air filter, and the new spark plug. I had changed...

Hitachi TV troubleshooting [ 10 Answers ]

Hi! I have hitachi TV and using hitachi remote control which is for different model but it works fine.I have just pressed button EXP (expend )on remote and it put my TV on sleep mode type of thing.When I on my TV it comes up just for few seconds and then shuts off.Its not swhitching on.Please help

Mtd troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

I have an MTD series 600 tractor with a 46" cutting deck. I just purchased a snow thrower, part nr 190-032 for the tractor. I ran into trouble with step one which is a detrerminate of Electric PTO vs Manual PTO. I have a manual PTO and the step one procedure is to locate the PTO Cable. It...

Troubleshooting. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to trouble shoot an older computer I inherited. I am completely new to PCs. At any rate it has two problems that are possibly relateed. 1. The image the monitor (I have tried 2 different working monitors) has a bunch of red (sometimes grey) vertical lines across the screen which...

Second HD troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, here's the skinny... Intstalled my girlfriend's HD (Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 80GB ATA/133 HDD) onto my computer as a 2nd HD(slave). All jumpers are set correctly, all cables are correct (not the 1st time I've done this). Everything works fine, it's detected and I do have access to it. ...

View more questions Search