Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    graul1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2010, 11:16 AM
    I owned a manufactured home and bought a new home in 09 can I get the tax credit
    I purchased a new home in 2009. I owned a manufactured home that had a title, will I be eligible for the first time homebuyers credit. The manufactured home was in a community on leased land.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 09:00 PM

This credit is available for first time home buyers and those who did not own home in last three years. So you owned the home.

You may be eligible for replacement home credit. Long-time homeowners who buy a replacement principal residence may also claim a homebuyer credit of up to $6,500 (up to $3,250 for a married individual filing separately). They must have lived in the same principal residence for any five-consecutive year period during the eight-year period that ended on the date the replacement home is purchased. Replacement home must be purchased in the period from November 6, 2009 to April 10, 2010. Your U.S. Tax Return: First-Time Homebuyer Credit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First time home buyer tax credit (Own home in foreign) [ 2 Answers ]

I am on an H1B visa and have been working in the US for 4+ years. I purchased a condo in India 2 yrs ago (2007) and got a mortgage (through a bank in India). I make a monthly mortgage payment out of my salary here (I have no other income) to this bank in India. On advice of my tax filers, Last...

Can we get the first time home buyers tax credit if we purchased the home from my [ 4 Answers ]

Can we get the first time home buyers tax credit if we purchased the home from my EX step-father?

Can I receive the home buyers credit if I bought the home from my wife's family [ 3 Answers ]

My wife an I bought a house belonging to my wife's parents and her uncle in may 2009 for full price of $75000. We obtained an HUD loan and now living in the house after fixing it up a little.We are first time home buyers making below $50000 per year with a disabled child and are going to file for...

2009 Tax credit for new home not settled yet [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying a new home from a home builder and have signed the agreement and given a significant amount with agrement. The house will be delivered in a few months and will be settled at that point of time. Can I apply for the new home credit with my tax file before April 15. If yes, how do I go...

Moble home repo on private property, not owned by moble home owner [ 3 Answers ]

I am the land owner of some property in Georgia, I let my Sister place her mobile home on this private property. The question is, does the repo company have the right to come on my property and destroy my trees, bust water lines, run over my shrubs etc, be rude and over barring without contacting...

View more questions Search