Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sally2246 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2010, 07:29 AM
    Dvd drawer stuck
    My cd/dvd drawer is stuck on my work modem. I have tried the paperclip in the little hole under drawer but it still will not work
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 30, 2010, 02:44 PM

Is it stuck open or closed?

For stuck closed, the hole is for opening the tray. Depending on the drive, a good amount of force may be needed to pop the tray out enough to pull on it. The paperclip pushes on a lever in the tray mechanism. It also helps if the computer (modem?) is off so nothing has the drive in use.

Stuck open is typically the result of the tray being handled roughly and traveling past a stop or a damaged or slipped tray mechanism. Often the drive has to be disassembled to reinstall the tray, however some trays can be reinstalled with a bit of dexterity and long pointy tools.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD drawer stuck open [ 2 Answers ]

Dvd drawer stuck in open position [ 1 Answers ]

Opened the drawer, took out the dvd and it will not go back in. Just makes a whirring sound like it is trying. Turned power on off-no good. Poushed open/close, not good. Suggestions?

DVD drawer stuck [ 1 Answers ]

DVD drawer won't open. It is stuck with a CD inside

DVD Player - drawer stuck [ 1 Answers ]

The DVD drawer on our dvd player (hooked up to tv) is stuck closed. How do I open it? Thank you

Bush DVD143TV - DVD drawer stuck [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a Bush DVD143TV and the DVD drawer with a DVD in, will not eject. Is there a pinhole to use like a PC? Any help gratefully received. Cheers

View more questions Search