Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loreal23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Mar 28, 2010, 09:59 PM
    Can I use 5% Monobnzone to bleach my skin?
    @SaraUk and @ Swallow, can I use 5% Monobenzone just to bleach myself? I don't really want to depig my skin. Please also tell me what percentages that you guys have used? How long is it going to take before to see results from using the 5% Monobenzone? Thanks.
    n0username Posts: 44, Reputation: 5

Mar 29, 2010, 06:21 AM

Watered down mono like 5% will make you lighter. But you have to be careful. Some people can get white patches even from using a low percentage. Especially if you are dark to begin with. Mix it with a lot of lotion and see how it works.
    sara_uk Posts: 245, Reputation: 26

Mar 29, 2010, 07:06 AM

Even with 5% you will get patches, some areas get patches very fast, they absorb mono fast, fold in skin, around your arm. If don’t want to depig don’t touch mono, I have patches I got with mono in the first month I have used, it is still there, even though I have stopped for more than a year, they didn’t repig.
    Please guys if you don’t want to depig don’t touch mono it will patch you up. Don’t rely on others experience some don’t see results fast, they have to use mono for months before any changes but others can happen so fast.
    The whole depig process can take years, even with people with vit, the process it is not smooth.

Mar 29, 2010, 10:56 AM

Just to add a study 1%, 4%, 7% and 10% monobenzone was tested, and it was concluded no significant difference in the depigmentation was observed with the lower concentrations

Mar 29, 2010, 08:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sara_uk View Post
    Even with 5% you will get patches, some areas get patches very fast, they absorb mono fast, fold in skin, around your arm. If don’t want to depig don’t touch mono, I have patches I got with mono in the first month I have used, it is still there, even though I have stopped for more than a year, they didn’t repig.
    Please guys if you don’t want to depig don’t touch mono it will patch you up. Don’t rely on others experience some don’t see results fast, they have to use mono for months before any changes but others can happen so fast.
    The whole depig process can take years, even with people with vit, the process it is not smooth.
    My dermatologist actually wrote me a prescription for 5% mono, I wanted it to lighten my skin. Right now I am a medium brown complexion. How long is it going to take for me to see results?

Mar 29, 2010, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by n0username View Post
    Watered down mono like 5% will make you lighter. But you have to be careful. Some people can get white patches even from using a low percentage. Especially if you are dark to begin with. Mix it with a lot of lotion and see how it works.
    Thanks for responding nOusename, have you ever used 5% mono before? How fast will I see results? What type of lotion should I mix it with? Where should I apply it because this is my first time that I am using it.

Mar 30, 2010, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loreal23 View Post
    My dermatologist actually wrote me a prescription for 5% mono, i wanted it to lighten my skin. Right now i am a medium brown complexion. How long is it gonna take for me to see results??
    Really a derm prescribe it? As far as I know it is not approved to use unless you have vitiligo. Anyway, a friend who I am still in contact with started on 5%, and she said she got patches. I started on 20% but to answer your second part of the question, how long it takes to see results?

It is very difficult question, no one can give you an answer to that, every skin is different. I saw results in the first month but my results mean patches.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Mar 30, 2010, 06:42 AM

I agree, that I am surprised that a dermatologist would prescribe mono for lightening!!
    n0username Posts: 44, Reputation: 5

Apr 2, 2010, 04:09 PM

I have never heard of a prescribed 5% mono. Mono is 20%. If people take this and mix it with whatever cream, then the mixed solution might be 5%.

Also, I am naturally white, so the patches I did get blended in well with my natural color. It was barely noticeable. I was trying to get rid of a "red neck tan", and it ended up well.

Apr 3, 2010, 04:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by n0username View Post
    I have never heard of a prescribed 5% mono. Mono is 20%. If people take this and mix it with whatever cream, then the mixed solution might be 5%.

Also, I am naturally white, so the patches I did get blended in well with my natural color. It was barely noticeable. I was trying to get rid of a "red neck tan", and it ended up well.
    I agree if you are light the contrast will not be that great, it might look like freckles.

In my case some areas the contrast is not the scary like this Imageshack - imag01331st.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user

But some areas the contrast is huge I have posted pictures here
    Super Shallow Posts: 145, Reputation: 7
    -

Apr 3, 2010, 05:09 AM

Don't use mono.. just don't
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Apr 14, 2010, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by loreal23 View Post
    @SaraUk and @ Swallow, can i use 5% Monobenzone just to bleach myself? I don't really want to depig my skin. Please also tell me what percentages that you guys have used?? How long is it gonna take before to see results from using the 5% Monobenzone? Thanks.
    Monobenzone is for depigmenting.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Apr 15, 2010, 12:29 PM

@ Loreal - Could you refer me to this FANTASTIC dermatologist / quack who has PRESCRIBED 5 per cent Monobenzone to LIGHTEN YOUR SKIN EVENLY?

If this is a subtle marketing gimmick , its sick! For some reason all the NEW MEMBERS who jump in suddenly have all the pathbreaking ideas! The old ones are plateaued in creativity over monobenzone.

Can I speak with your dermatologist ? Id like to be prescribed 5 per cent monobenzone too !
    Adhiraj Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2010, 12:31 PM

She may have got it compounded,some pharmacy do compound it,at different strength.

Apr 15, 2010, 12:32 PM

I had used watered down ( actually mixed in cream) benoquin and brought it down to 7 to 8 per cent. And used it for a long time.

It did no lightening but only DARKENED me. And this was when I had Benoquin tubes!

Could you SHOW ME BEFORE AND AFTER PICS OF YOURSELF using 5 per cent Monobenzone and see lightening! EVENLY

Apr 15, 2010, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    I had used watered down ( actually mixed in cream) benoquin and brought it down to 7 to 8 per cent. and used it for a long time.

It did no lightening but only DARKENED me. And this was when I had Benoquin tubes!

I DARE YOU TO SHOW ME BEFORE AND AFTER PICS OF YOURSELF using 5 per cent Monobenzone and see lightening! EVENLY
    Dissagree Mr, you can still depig with 5% but it will take very long time. There is a study where they used that concentration.

Apr 15, 2010, 03:06 PM

@ sara - She says she has been prescribed by a DERMATOLOGIST ?

You can depigment with 5 per cent - maybe, Read what I wrote .If you can EVENLY lighten..

The face might lighten evenly but there will be patches sprucing up somewhere or the other. How can a dermatologist prescribe mono to a non vitiligo person to EVENLY LIGHTEN THE SKIN?!

Highly unbelievable!
    She is stating the dermat gave it to her to LIGHTEN HER SKIN. Meaning she doesn't have vitiligo. But the dermat has given it to her to get light skin... Really ? Dermats don't know that even lightening will never happen? Except for maybe on the face ?

Apr 16, 2010, 02:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    @ sara - She says she has been prescribed by a DERMATOLOGIST ?

You can depigment with 5 per cent - maybe, Read what I wrote .If you can EVENLY lighten ..

The face might lighten evenly but there will be patches sprucing up somewhere or the other. How can a dermatologist prescribe mono to a non vitiligo person to EVENLY LIGHTEN THE SKIN ???? !!!!!!!!!

Highly unbelievable!
    She is stating the dermat gave it to her to LIGHTEN HER SKIN. Meaning she doesnt have vitiligo. But the dermat has given it to her to get light skin... Really ? Dermats dont know that even lightening will never happen? Except for maybe on the face ?
    If you read the post correctly, I did question her/him about getting a prescription for mono without vit, and another poster agreed with me.

Apr 16, 2010, 08:25 AM

FYI, even I was agreeing with you! Not her :)

You Just don't seem to get the point do you?

I don't believe any licensed dermat is sensible enough to give her FIVE PER CENT for EVEN lightening.

Depig maybe possible. Not EVEN Lightening for a Non vitiligo person!
    lazo6384 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 01:40 PM
    It's on eBay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to bleach skin and Still have a smooth and even tone skin? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been bleaching my skin but I have darker knuckles and elbows etc and uneven skin tone. Can some one please tell me which skin bleaching lotion to use to have an even skin tone and get darker knuckles, elbows, etc and also best way to bleach skin ...

Othine skin bleach [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone ever tried othine skin bleach?. it has 3% hydroquinine. That's a lot more than I usually see?

Stillman's skin bleach cream are the best? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know about stillman's skin bleach crean,does it work 100% in skin there is no side effect . Thank you

Wrap in skin bleach [ 18 Answers ]

My friends in england use plastic wrap to penetrate creams better anyone else heard of this

Skin Bleach Layering [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new here and I'm considering skin bleaching.I wondered if I could layer skin bleach? For example, I'd use a product that lightens maybe two shades and another one that lightens 2-3 shades giving me an overall lightening 4-5 shades? Is that possible or am I just being downright silly?:o

View more questions Search