Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carmelnugent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2010, 06:55 PM
    My Dad passed away a few weeks back,
    I' m in total shock that he's gone and now I'm questioning myself is he in heaven. He was a very good dad and person, I prayed every night looking for a sign to know he's at peace but still waiting or will I ever get a sign... I just really need to know he's looking down on us
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 28, 2010, 07:29 PM

You may never see a sign but you can listen to your heart. He will always be with you and so will the memories you have made together. Sorry for your loss.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2010, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    You may never see a sign but you can listen to your heart. He will always be with you and so will the memories you have made together. Sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry ! I'll bet you were a daddies girl... so was I. My dad was my hero and even after eight years I still miss him terribly. I didn't even get to say good by. God will give you comfort , he really will. Just ask him to help you get through this.

God knew your Dads heart and he is a just and wonderful God. He sees your tears and he hears them when they fall. He weeps with us. You are not alone, he is with you! Your Dad is at rest and you need to know that someday we will see our Dads again. :)

This song brought me great comfort when my Dad passed away.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwy5MqNB23A - 119k
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2010, 02:06 PM

A lot depends on your personal belief system - do you believe in an afterlife? Did he?

And you may never get a sign - I wish it worked by wishing but it does not.

But, as kitkat put it so eloquently - if you are a believer you know that God knew your Dad's heart.
    kdill Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 01:46 PM
    I'm sorry for your loss. As for me, I believe - it's given me comfort since my mom with whom I was very close, died suddenly last June.
    My sister, who was not as close to her as I, had a dream a few weeks after she died. In the dream, she was taking my mom to the doctor. As they walked the halls of the doctor's office, my sister noticed that Mom no longer needed her walker, and she seemed not to be in any pain. When my sister said to her, "Mom, you seem to be fine. Why are we here?"
    Mom's answer was, "Because you wanted to see me."We both believe that was a message, not just my sister trying to make herself feel better. I haven't had any similar experiences, but it still made me feel good. We both cried a lot after my sister told me about the dream.

As we near Mother's Day, Father's Day (lost my dad 2 years ago) and both of their birthdays in June, I know I'm going to be sad, but I keep them in my heart and know that I will see them both again, someday.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 02:45 PM

Carmel, how are you doing?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2010, 05:09 PM

Are you a Christian? You know what John 3:16 says about what it takes for eternal life? John 3:16

Well, that's the "ticket" to heaven. At least what I believe in MY heart.

I'm sorry for your loss. I too lost my father about 10 years ago. I think of him daily. I know that he wouldn't want me to hurt over his passing. I feel that he is in heaven, and is looking down at my two sons with a smile.

God bless you.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2010, 01:33 PM

Please come back and let us know how you are. We're here for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heard a song that reminds me of my dad that passed away [ 6 Answers ]

I heard a song on the radio this morning... and it seemed like the lyrics were my dad speaking to me.. He passed away a year ago today... June 27th. I would guess the name of the song is "Never Alone"... it's a woman that sings it... It pretty much is about how your never alone.. even when...

I will passed in final year with back [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is poonam my date of birth is 10.01.1988. I wanted to ask that I will passed in b.com final year or not

My dad passed away [ 9 Answers ]

My dad passed away and I'm his only child and he was not married he received stamp collection from his mom when she passed away now who is in titled to his belongings?

I lost my dad 2 weeks before having my baby [ 2 Answers ]

I was told after 3 years of trying for a baby that I had only a 1% chance of ever having children due to medical problems. I was deverstated as I always wanted children, as was my husband. The one person who was there for both of us was my dad. He and my mum had been divorced since I was 6 but I...

Dog's owner passed away 3 weeks ago [ 2 Answers ]

My father-in-law passed away 3 weeks ago. His 10 year old lab is not doing well. She won't eat and drinks little. I have taken her to the vet and her blood work is normal. Any suggestions? She walks in circles, seems very week and dizzy.

View more questions Search