Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tammy9029 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 04:38 PM
    Do any dentists do extractions or do I have to go to a dental Surgeon
    Ok I posted here a few weeks ago asking if emergency rooms did extractions and I found out that they don't. Well now even though I've taken antibiotics my tooth still hurts pretty bad, so I've decided I'm going to bite the bullet and get it pulled. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a dentist that dose extractions at a lower cost in the Cambridge Area.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2010, 05:48 PM
    Ontario dentists follow the ODA fee guide, they will all charge the same unless one thinks the extraction is more difficult than another. Any dentist can remove a tooth but some choose not to and will refer to an Oral Surgeon. The oral surgeons in Cambridge are all at the Coronation Dental Specialty Group. Their fee guide is higher because of their "specialty".

Tammy, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you but I've had a heck of a time getting through to someone at the region to see if you would be eligible for coverage.

Mar 28, 2010, 06:30 AM

Its OK

Apr 3, 2010, 11:33 AM

Ok I have insurance apparently my father who had allowed my coverage to lapse put me back on his insurance plan. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good dentist who will do the extraction.

On a side note I had a wisdom tooth pop through on one side of my lower jaw today and now there's an annoying flap of skin that moves and annoys me to no end, will it eventually dissolve on its own?
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Apr 6, 2010, 09:28 PM

Depends on how old you are? If you are into your early-mid twenties its rare that it will resolve. This tissue can trap food and result in a serious infection call Pericoronitis... it should be removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth extractions and blindness [ 6 Answers ]

Is it true that tooth extractions could cause blindness?

Ask a question about your bad gums after extractions [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a senior female late 50s. I had bad teeth for some years, had a lot of pain. I recently had all my teeth out, and have not been able to wear dentures because my gums are still sore. I have some lumps on my gums and swelling. It has been 2 to 3 months since all my teeth were removated....

Dental work inexpensive at Dental Schools? [ 1 Answers ]

In the Raleigh-Cary area, do any of the Dental Schools offer inexpensive routine care for seniors on a tight budget? Thank you, Bob

Concerns about Tooth Extractions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My orthodontist recently informed me that I am going to need a good few tooth extractions in order for them to progress with my treatment. This, for me, is a complete and utter nightmare. I have an intense fear of teeth falling out/being pulled out - and because of my impending situation,...

Had it with dentists! [ 4 Answers ]

I went to the dentist in 2005 for a root canal and then 2 weeks later a bump formed on my gum. Went back to the dentist and she was puzzled; then proceeded to take an x-ray and still did not know what that was. I was furious and she knew it too. Then she said that the surgeon in the office would...

View more questions Search