Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4recruiting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 02:56 PM
    What if a brother puts the deed to a honme he has been paying for and paying all the
    Can a brother put his brother on a deed without his knowledge? And if so, what if the brother does not want to be on the deed?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 27, 2010, 03:20 PM
    Yes, an owner of a property can add anyone to a deed, even without their knowledge or consent. If someone adds you to their deed and you don't want to be an owner then all you have to do is prepare a new deed transferring your ownership interest back to them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2010, 03:44 PM

Why would they give you part ownership

And why would you not want it,

Where is this at

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brother is living in apt w/o paying rent for years. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, my siblings & I own a house in nyc. A cpl of the apts are rented & one of my brothers lives there rent free in return for taking care of the repairs when needed but does it only when he wants to & doesn't always finish the jobs. A cpl of years ago I mentioned to him that he needed to pay...

If someone is named on a mortgage but not on the deed, can we stop paying the mort? [ 3 Answers ]

My cousin's condo is in her mother's name. Her mother passed away. Now her father is now listed on the deed but not the mortgage. My cousin has lost her job and is moving in with her father at his condo. Can she just walk away from this condo in South Florida without it affecting her father's...

Ex not paying [ 4 Answers ]

My husband isn't paying me my $150,000 of my half of the house that I signed over in the divorce. It states he has to in the divorce decree. He owns several properties and is worth $3 million but claims he doesn't have the money and he has not tried to sell the marital residence. He has also not...

Paying twice [ 1 Answers ]

I opened a account with a furniture company many years ago (apex 10yrs ago) and I thought my bill was paid in full I just received a letter from a collection company telling me that I have this outstanding bill with them I told them that I do not have my paper work from the furniture company.I...

View more questions Search