Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dizzellz112 Posts: 154, Reputation: 8

Mar 27, 2010, 06:17 AM
    Is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock the best sunblock
    Are there any sunblocks that block majority of the UVA/UVB rays and radiation from the sun? Zinc oxide/titanium oxide and avobenzone help protect against UVB rays...
    But which sunblock is the most effective...
    Fanx
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 06:25 AM

Have you reviewed this site? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...ck-460681.html

Mar 27, 2010, 06:27 AM

I didn't get you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2010, 01:44 PM

Try this - Sunscreen Reviews: Best Sunscreen, Best Sunblock.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Mar 30, 2010, 07:22 PM
    I always read Neutrogena having some of the best sunblocks around!
    Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sounds like it goes on clear without that white overcast and made for a more oily complexion.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 02:37 AM
    I have been using the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunblock with spf 55 up to the spf 55 (the go up to spf 100) going on almost 2 years now. The reason why I find it among the best is because it contains helioplex which protects against the UVA/UVB rays, no chalky greyish appearance, and helps really prevent tanning or at the least maintina your results as you are lightening.

Although it does go on white and not clear, as you massage it into your skin the white color vanishes quickly, it also blends quite easily. A few other factors which pushes it's rating up is because it's nicely priced, really effective, you can get it almost anywhere. There are a few other really nice sunblocks you can also consider.

Apr 17, 2010, 09:58 AM

Hey do you use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunblock on your face?. it's not recommended for the face... but why not?
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Apr 18, 2010, 10:52 AM

I use Aveeno spf 70 for the face, it's created for the face.

Apr 18, 2010, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzellz112 View Post
    hey do you use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunblock on your face? ......it's not recommended for the face.....but why not?
    Where does it say it's not recommended for the face?
    I thought the Dry Touch was for oily complexions.

Apr 18, 2010, 01:29 PM
    It states the pros and cons of the sunscreen on this website...
    http://www.consumersearch.com/sunscr...unblock-spf-55

Apr 18, 2010, 04:50 PM

I plan on purchasing this for my body. My arms are already starting to darken.

Apr 18, 2010, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzellz112 View Post
    it states the pros and cons of the sunscreen on this website......
    Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 Review
    Hmmm I think they are stating that the SPF 55 version is not ideal for the face but I'm not sure, that is a small tube to be using on the body, you'll run out quick! I would have to get my hands on it and read the directions but I still think it's OK for facial use.

Apr 19, 2010, 07:31 AM

Has anyone been using it for their face?
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Apr 19, 2010, 08:52 AM
    Seen some on who did... looked kind of...

Apr 19, 2010, 09:00 AM

Lol... looked kind of what :D
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2010, 10:40 AM
    I will have to disagree. I did read the information on the consumer products review link provided when they had stated "Not ideal for facial use" and also read their "Analysis", but they failed to explain why they believe that the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock spf 55 with helioplex is not ideal for facial use, nor explained this in their analysis.

Unless they are referring to their analysis of the spf 55 being "Heavier than lower-SPF formulations". Though, I refuse to use any sunblock less than SPF 55 and have used higher spf concentration. Which makes sense since the higher the concentration, the possibility that it's not going to feel as light-weight as an spf 15 or 30. I have been using this Neutrogena sunblock (including the spf 70 and spf 85) for close to 2 years now and this is the only sunblock I have used during this time. Before then, I have used cheaper sunblocks that were chalky, really thick, that never absorbed in my skin but rather sat on the surface, and made my face appear grey all day. Personally speaking, I have sensitive skin that is acne-prone and oily, but this has never made my skin to break out with zits nor clogged my pores.

I am holding my spf 55 right now in my hand so I'll type what they state on their label:

On the front states the following:
    "with helioplex broad spectrum uva.uvb"
    "Weightless Clean Feel"
    "fast absorbing"
    "leaves skin soft and smooth"
    "waterproof"
    "#1 Dermatologist recommended suncare"

On the back, it's quite lengthy, so I'll quote the sentences I consider hold importance. It states the following:
    "Dry Touch technology for an ultra-light, non-shiny finish. This lightweight sunblock has a light fresh scent and is gentle enough for even sensitive skin.
    *Water proof, sweatproof, resists rub-off
    * Non-cogmedogenic (won't clog pores)
    *Oil free and PABA free"

"Directions: Apply liberally on face and body 15-30 minutes before sun exposure. For added protection, reapply after swimming, towel drying or extended sun exposure."

"Discontinue use if signs of irritation or rash appear."

In general this is an ideal sunblock to use for the face and body, doesn't clog, works for my sensitive skin, never gave me zits, and contains no oil. Actually, for the body I use their Ultra Sheer Body Mist sunblock because it's easier to use for whole body use. For me this never clogged my pores nor caused zits. But, if a person isn't washing their face in the evening to remove any dirt, oil, makeup, cremes, lotion, product applications such as sunblock.. then of course your skin is going to have layered dirt and old product buildup from not removing it in the evening and this can cause zits. It already advises that if you experience any rash or irritation, discontinue from using it. But, it's cheaper than several other really good sunblock brands, it prevents me from getting darker, helps me with my lightening regimen so I continue to see results, it's light, it absorbs to transparent so it's not apparent when I'm wearing it, and you can get it practically anywhere.

OK, I think I just had written a detailed review for this sunblock :p, But if this one is giving you irritation, discontinue use and switch to another that you fins as more effective for your skin. Otherwise, it's cool.

Apr 19, 2010, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Violaename View Post
    Seen some on who did...looked kinda....
    Give it up Violaename!
    What did they look like?
    I need a sunblock that goes on clear and not leave a white cast over my face making me look ashy!

Apr 20, 2010, 04:29 PM

Hey I'm currently using nivea sun moisturising sun lotion spf 50+... bought it like 2 yrs ago.. but it has a 12 m sign on it... so would it be still effective if I stored it in the fridge..
    I'm going to buy Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch from now on. The problem with nivea is... it's pasty so takes quite a well to rub in... other than that it's a good sunblock.

Nivea Sun Moisturising Sun Lotion 50+ - Review - Great product for summer!

£3 Asda sun lotion shines out as top performer among protective creams | Mail Online

Apr 21, 2010, 10:08 AM

The aveeno is working great for me. I like the way it makes me looks, I don't even have to put on makeup when I wear it.
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Apr 21, 2010, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    Give it up Violaename!!
    What did they look like?
    I need a sunblock that goes on clear and not leave a white cast over my face making me look ashy!!
    ... lol
    You guys are making me laugh...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's the best sunblock? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best sunblock, or what the best SPF is? Right now I'm using Neutrogena with spf 70. It is running low and I want to try something else.

Side effects of neutrogena sunblock spf 55 [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I started using the neutrogena sunblock spf 55 and a few days later while applying it to my face I have this burning sensation all over my face. And my face just had this sudden reaction I can't explain it, I don't know why. Every body started telling me it looks like I have scratching my...

Sunblock or sunscreen? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between sunblock and sunscreen? Is one stronger than the other?. what is the highest spf sunscreen/sunblock out there?

Sunblock for dogs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my parents border collie Jack is having problems when out in the sun. He has pink bits on the bridge of his nose and these burn easily when he's out in the sun. We've tried applying children's sunblock to the area but he just licks it off. Ive been online and found that there is sunblock...

View more questions Search