Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evab Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 04:59 PM
    Paddle boat steering mechanism will not turn right or left can you help
    I found a paddle boat on my lake.It has been there for a long time so I deceided to bring it home.The steering is done by a metal bar that turns right or left.The bar does not turn and is locked.I looked underneath and there were not obstructions.Sprayed W-D 40 through out the steering line and still nothing,any suggestions
    NomNomNoodles Posts: 33, Reputation: 9

Mar 26, 2010, 07:12 PM

It's probably rusted through so much that the joints have kind of fused together. At that point, any lubrication wouldn't work. You might as well replace the entire steering mechanism.

Or does the rudder turn independently of the tiller?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Lawn Tractor Steering Issue.Left Front Wheel will turn too far [ 14 Answers ]

Model 917.252522 When turning to the right no problem... when turning to the left if too sharp the left front wheel will turn further than the right and cock almost perpendicular to the front to rear centerline of the tractor... This evening I removed the wheel expecting to see a bad bearing...

Scag Mower "Wildcat" left steering contol has too much play [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Scag "Wildcat" riding mower. The left steering control has a lot of play in it. The right steering control works fine. The left steering control works, but since it has som much play, it is hard to control when I have to mow around a fence due to moving in and out of fenced area. The...

Steering wheel just spins wheels don't turn [ 4 Answers ]

My 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 the steering wheel spins freely(zero friction)and the wheels do not turn.This happened the day after I towed a trailer not while I was driving(thankfully). The steering column and the linkage in the engine compartment are all OK. I do believe it is the knuckle at the tilt...

Steering wheel won't turn [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Ford Focus. My ignition lock wouldn't turn, thus not allowing my steering wheel to turn. I drilled out the ignition lock cylinder and the steering wheel was able to be turned. Now, the ignition cylinder is still out of the vehicle and the steering wheel is still locked. I'm not...

My boat and dock where destroyed by neighbors broken loose boat during hurricane [ 3 Answers ]

As I said above, during hurricane Wilma my neighbors boat broke loose from its mooring and floated down to my dock, two homes away, and proceeded to smash my boat and dock until the storm was over. My dock was destroyed and my boat was knocked off the lift and sank, Do I have any recourse, as my...

View more questions Search