Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ithappenstoall Posts: 363, Reputation: 37

Aug 2, 2010, 10:53 PM

I honestly am so upset right now that she did this, I can't believe it
    lifeistough75 Posts: 56, Reputation: 29

Aug 2, 2010, 11:01 PM

Dude, I had a similar story, except in my case, the girl was in Dubai working, and I was trying to move there. The relationship suddenly collapsed. Anyway, your ex-girl seems to be immature, and what you are experiencing is her way of expressing her anger. Don't allow yourself to be hurt, or influenced by this recent rant and raving. It takes women a few weeks to calm down, and sort out their emotions.

Aug 2, 2010, 11:03 PM

Dude it is insane. I told her you are being immature and you said things to me that hurt. She responds by saying you said some hurtful stuff to, and I was like like what ? She responded by calling me immature
    I was like are you kidding me
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 07:46 AM

You ready for NC, and healing yet?? Or do you need more venting and ranting??

You sure don't need any more talking to her, that's for sure.

Aug 3, 2010, 07:52 AM

I know right, def need to get far away from her . Just the immaturity in how she acted in front of me killed me yesterday
    Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 07:59 AM

Disappear from her life. You have a lot of healing, and moving on to do, and being stuck in the past is not healthy.
    andy183 Posts: 5, Reputation: 4

Aug 3, 2010, 08:00 AM

Why are you still talking to her? It's over! It's only detrimental to keep doing so. It is obvious that you still are talking. You have to stop responding just like she's doing. You say that you don't care and that she turned you off but yet seem affected by her reaction. You should not be upset it... Don't let it get to you... Stop talking to her
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 08:12 AM

You need to stop dwelling on this, it's done. Move on.

Aug 3, 2010, 08:40 AM

Yup have stop contacting her even when she wrote to me today.
    It just sucked that she reacted this to a break up initiated by her.

Thanks guys
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 08:50 AM

We wish you well.
    Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 09:30 AM

No good comes from beating a dead horse, just a waste of time and energy.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 09:35 AM

Life hands us lemons sometimes
    When we expected apples.

Live and learn.

Aug 3, 2010, 10:56 AM

Sometime beating a dead horse is more fruitful than beating a dead relationship. At least you take your anger out on a "dead" horse.
    bepositive1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 01:56 AM
    I read this thread, can't believe she doesn't see what you did all this time

Aug 10, 2010, 02:07 AM

Lol thanks for your support bepositive1... It has mesmerized me as well

Aug 10, 2010, 08:05 AM

Guys I need a boost on self confidence. Have been NC almost a week, Today out of nowhere she write to me ans she says I hate you once more, I'm glad I am not with you and I hate everything about you and I wasted years absolutely
    Expert

Aug 10, 2010, 09:22 AM

She sure knows which buttons to push to stir up your emotions doesn't she? No problem, throw the letter away, and have a good day, by treating yourself well, because now you have learned about the thin line between love and hate.

So what if she is mad? Make sure your NOT, why should you be? Her mood is her problem, so don't make it yours, and give in to provocative, impulsive actions.

Tempting I admit, but utterly a waste of time. Maybe she will get the hint and stop trying to provoke you.

It's a power play at most, or a rant at best, so focus on the good day you will have (and she won't!).

Aug 10, 2010, 09:31 AM

The NC is doing its work. She is seeing that she is not getting any attention from you, and is now frustrated. I agree with Tala, there is a very thin line between love and hate, and having observed this should encourage you to stick to the no contact. Don't let her pull you back in the discussion, and arguments.

Aug 10, 2010, 10:59 PM

I kept doing that and through out the day as I didn't respond to her she kept pushing more and more. She knew that I felt insecure about how I looked because I would tell her and she used that beautifully to hurt me even more. The stuff she said was utterly childish and just out of pure motive to hurt. Things like I never should have gone out with you, when we first started going out they looked at us and were like what is she doing with her, they would laugh at our pics because they saw how you looked and they thought you were hideous, ugly. Most of my friends thought that of you and I shouldve listened.
    That really stung guys
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2010, 11:13 PM

Did you converse w/her?

Can't you see that any words from her are going to be hurtful.

Especially now.

She wants to come out smelling like roses & put you down for her insecurities.

Like lifeistough said. (if you are committed to it)
    NC does its work. They expect the opposite. For you to come crying back.

NC is all about you being in charge now. When I say that, I mean ignoring her. Spending time on YOU not HER.

When I was struggling really bad, chuff (bless his heart) said. (and I will NEVER, EVER forget this):

The opposite of love isn't hate. Its indifference.

That's empowerment over any and all future BS.

You disappear, go missing. Oh, well...
    She can make up her own story. Who cares.

You won't ever again let her decide who you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How long is too long for a long distance relationship? [ 8 Answers ]

I am in LDR hell here, or so it seems.. before we were long distance, my boyfriend and I had been together for 3 months. It doesn't really seem that long but we were so close and I had the best time with him. So anyhow, he went off to Florida to start college in August this summer. At first,...

Long distance. [ 2 Answers ]

I said no to this really nice guy when I was 19;cos, I was not ready for a relationship then.but I really liked him; still do. We met only once eversince and I told him although I said no to you then, I really liked u... he simply said that he likes the way he is now.. and it may be a good thing I...

Long distance [ 8 Answers ]

Well I met this guy on myspace He lives in NC and I live in NY We talk pretty often and just started texting each other He is supposed to call me tonight. If he does should I talk to him? Then should I continue and see what happens?

Help after long distance [ 1 Answers ]

I desperatly need some advice. Im a 24 year old guy and I'm feeling really confused right now. I was in a relationship for 6 years with my last girlfriend, things were great but half way into it I really started to doubt my love for her. My parents were going through a really bad patch at the...

View more questions Search