Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mh305 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 11:31 PM
    Am I eligible for EITC?
    Hi all,
    I just wonder if I am eligible for EITC this year.
    - I am an F1 holder (international student), and have been in US over 6 years. (resident alien for tax purpose)
    - My wife has F2, but she has SSN, too. She got her SSN when she was a student here.
    - We have a baby born in US.
    I understand both of us have to have SSN in order to get EITC. On IRS web, they say that VALID SSN is required for both. I do not fully understand what VALID SSN means? My wife used to work before she change her visa status to F2. Does this make my wife's SSN invalid?

Thanks for all your input!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 4, 2010, 12:32 PM
    Your wife's SSN will be valid for EITC purposes if she got it while she was a student.

Based on your post, you are more than likely eligible for the EITC.
    lovingmeforever Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2014, 01:26 PM
    Am I Eligible for Eitc
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Jan 13, 2014, 01:30 PM
    lovingmeforever
    Without some info about your income/filing status/dependents etc. we can't really answer that question
    lovingmeforever Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2014, 01:30 PM
    How do I go by applying for Eitc
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 13, 2014, 02:03 PM
    You can get the Earned income Tax Credit by having a set income level on your tax return. That income level goes up if you have qualifying children that you support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Eitc or head of household? [ 1 Answers ]

Separated in oct. of '09,want to file separately because I can't trust him to give me my part of the refund.am I eligible for eitc or head of houehold? $9000 income for me.

Am I eligible for unemployment? [ 3 Answers ]

I worked at a full-time job for over a year. I did no freelance work at this time. I then got laid off. I filed for unemployment but have not collected--I would need to call in. Right after filing, I was offered some freelance work that I did at home over a period of about 2 weeks. I billed for...

Dual citizenship French/US. Mother French.Am I eligible and is my daughter eligible [ 1 Answers ]

My mother was born in France, she had French and American Citizenship.. My sisters and I all have US citizenship. My mother put together all of the paperwork to make sure my sisters and I could have dual citizenship... My sisters all applied for dual French citizenship and received it 17 years ago...

Eligible for visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am ahmed from pakistan I been in uk for 2 years as a student I came on holidays back to my country but when I went back to uk they daported me back now my wife is applying for student visa so I want to ask can I go with her as a depandent on her?thank you

Eligible probation [ 9 Answers ]

Okay my husband was convicted of three agg robbery charges also with probation violation. He were on 4yrs defered probation for theft(1500) which was a misdemeanor. The prosecutors indicted him with first offer 20yrs. I want to know since he doesn't have a background is he elgible for 10yrs defered...

View more questions Search