Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joe ray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 09:40 PM
    Craftsman mower. Battery good, starter good. Will hardly turnover. What to check
    Craftsman mower. Battery good, starter good. Will hardly turnover. What to check next?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 09:57 PM

Take plugs out. Should turn over fine.

Adjust valve clearance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Ranger starter good, battery good What else? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a '92 Ranger that won't start it just clicks one time. I thought it was the starter but it is good. I changed the battery terminals and that fixed one problem now it clicks until you turn the key off. I can't figure it out any advise? Thanks.

Craftsman Rider Problems- Battery or Starter? [ 1 Answers ]

My Sears 18 horse rider mower turns over but it does not seem to have enough power to turn the flywheel fast enough to start. The starter starts to get hot, and the battery goes down. When I jump it with my car, it does not make a difference. My question. Is it the starter or the battery? Thanks...

Craftsman riding mower - Where to buy starter? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman riding lawn mower, model #917.270930. At the end of last cutting season, the engine would turn over, but not crank. Starter made a grinding sound. The teeth on the starter appear to have shredded. (Looks like they're made of plastic.) The sears parts website doesn't appear...

View more questions Search