Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trishala Raj Posts: 95, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Interns
    Does anyone know how you pay an Intern? Are they treated like regular employees? Payroll deduction, SS and medicare are all deducted and they are issued a W2 at the end of the internship.

Thanks in advance
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 08:28 PM

Yes, as W-2 employee.
    Or the intern is not working as a regular employee, as independent contractor --- 1099-misc.
    Trishala Raj Posts: 95, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2010, 06:37 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Phlebotomy interns needed? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just completed my phlebotomy tech course in May 2009. I went to quinsigamond college in worcester mass. I missed the internship for U-Mass memorial by 1 point! I am now having trouble finding a place that will take me. I have my certificate and I know my stuff, it's just that everywhere...

Deductions for Interns on F1 Visa status. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I am an international student working as an intern in Houston TX. It would be a great help if you could inform me what are the taxes that are deductible from my salary. Currently there are 3 types of taxes that are being deducted from my account. 1) FED W/H. 2) OASDI FED 3)...

High school interns [ 1 Answers ]

I am implementing an internship program for high school students in central Florida.  the focus of the program is to expose/preview career options upon graduating from high school through continuing education.  hopefully the intern will have a better perspective of what they want before they get to...

View more questions Search