ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2010, 05:49 AM
    Can you describe the future of Islam?
    Can you describe the future of Islam?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2010, 12:32 PM

I am not sure what exactly you mean by the future of Islam?
    Could you elaborate please?

ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2010, 10:23 PM

firmbeliever,
    I am sure you know that Islam has had a very chequered and interesting past.
    I am also sure that you know where Islam stands to-day.
    I have been wondering what does the future hold.
    Do you agree that many of the problems Muslims are currently faced with have to do with the way Islam is interpreted?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLCAM View Post
    firmbeliever,
    I am sure you know that Islam has had a very chequered and interesting past.
    I am also sure that you know where Islam stands to-day.
    I have been wondering what does the future hold.
    Do you agree that many of the problems Muslims are currently faced with have to do with the way Islam is interpreted?
    I think the problems faced by many muslims globally is because the few who have chosen to act out their frustrations against innocents being portrayed as the face of Islam or as representations of what Islam and muslims stand for.

Some of the hardships faced is also due to the differences among the muslim population where tribe,race,creed,nationality has become a rule for our relationships including marriage.

Another reason is that there have been many innovations added to the rites and rituals which we have been warned that once we start deviating from the basis of Islam and the right practices recommended in the Quran and Sunnah, we will be divided even though we are many in number.

I also see the other side where the generations younger than thirty among muslims seems to have taken an interest in learning the pure form of Islam and trying to establish this in their lives.
    Many youth have found their way back into the fold of Islam and chosen it as the right path after having gone down the path of drugs and/or alcohol or a generally immoral life in terms of Islamic beliefs.

From an Islamic point of view, facing hardships is not something to moan about as we believe that as long as we face hardships persevering with patience and unwavering in our faith and praying to Allah for relief it adds up to our good deeds and serves as an expiation of sins.

We hear of new muslim reverts everyday even though the media has been portraying Islam/Muslims, generalizing us as terrorists and/or suicide bombers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

There is a page on on islam watch (Incest is Halal in Islam) please answer it because [ 9 Answers ]

I saw this page while I was searching Google It is causing bad for islam and our prophet MUHAMMAD peace be upon hin

Can You Describe Heaven? [ 28 Answers ]

Please give me a description (what you imagine) heaven to be like! Pleasee

Describe Heaven [ 17 Answers ]

This is for people who believe in a life after death. Does your belief influence the way you live your life? If yes, please describe what you anticipate this life will be like.

Using future value of single amount, future value of annuity table. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, my question is how do you know when to use the Future of value of single amount table, and when to use the future value of annuity table?

View more questions Search