Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meadowzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 12:05 AM
    What things can a half afirican american half mexican do to lighten a dark complexion
    Im am a young african american with a reddish complexion. I am also half mexican. My dark skin bothers me and I never feel comfortable because of it, are there any semi-permanent or permanent skin bleaching pills that work?
    Yellowannabe Posts: 67, Reputation: 12

Mar 24, 2010, 01:00 AM

Hi Meadowzz,

So despite much of the hype concerning skin bleaching pills, the majority of us have come to the conclusion that most do not lighten the skin. A lot of them may help smooth and clear the complexion but do not have lightening effects. A lot of members have compiled a list of products that safely and effectively lighten the skin. So I think your best bet is to do a little research on this forum and try a product off the safe list. Even with this list, I must stress that when starting in the lightening, it is largely a trial and error process. In some cases, there are products that work for most. With others some products may work for some and not work for you... and vice versa.

Two products that you should refrain from trying under any circumstance is neoprosone and movate. Both of these are strong steroids and can lead to more harm than good.

Is there any celebrity you can compare your skin tone to? And how much are you trying to lighten?
    Yellowannabe Posts: 67, Reputation: 12

Mar 24, 2010, 01:11 AM

This isn't necessarily a safe list but here's a starting point:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...ed-417389.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's or 90's kid movie half real, half animation [ 8 Answers ]

I have been driving myself crazy trying to find this kids movie that I watched when I was little.. I can't remember much about it, but I know there was this family living or just moving into a farmhouse and there is a huge storm and this owl/eagle/crazy bird comes through this boy's bedroom window....

70's-80's Half Real/Half Cartoon movie about a Girl and a Dolphin [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am desperate to remember a movie from my childhood. The movie could have been anywhere between the 1970's -Early 1990's. But I believe I saw it in the 80's. It was one of those half real/half cartoon movies. All I remember is a girl who is transformed into a cartoon and she is...

2009 - Relationship peaked in 1st Half then ended in 2nd half [ 20 Answers ]

I've read some of the posts on here with interest and it's a very reassuring place to be. I'm here because I too have just taken 'an emotional hit' and wanted to re-tell my story of the 2nd half of this year. First a little background information, hopefully this isn't too long. I met my ex-gf in...

What do you call a half man and half goat in mythological times? [ 8 Answers ]

Please help not sure what it is called.

70's or 80's half animated half real movie [ 6 Answers ]

I remember that cartoon/ movie I used 2 watch all the time. I don't remember title anymore. A boy of 11/12 talks with a friend on the phone, his mom goes 2 work. Suddenly a big red box with a ribbon appears in his room. He unpack it, and there is somekind of car ramp and little red cabrio. He gets...

View more questions Search