Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jay.meghan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 06:43 PM
    How do I improve my communcation skills?
    How do I improve my communcation skills?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 07:23 PM

It depends on what your concerns are about your current communication skills.

If you need to improve writing I would recommend you look into business writing seminars or take some writing courses at a local community college.

If your concern is more related to verbal communication I would suggest you think about what you find problematic or inadequate in your current skills and then focus on resources that address those things. You can check out books on tape or read books from the library on everything imaginable - for example, building confidence, making small talk, making a good first impression, planning a successful party, resolving conflict, influencing others and more.

If part of it is confidence it can be helpful to practice social and communication skills in a setting that is comfortable and where you have something active to do. For example, if you host a get-together you can get the drinks, introduce people, give tours of your home and so on so you don't really have to come up with more to talk about. If your uncomfortable in situations like dates, choose to do something active instead of planning a meeting that is all talk focused... take your date to a wine tasting, a concert or something else like it that will give you something to talk about.

Take care - hope that helps!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2010, 09:44 PM
    Hi, jay.meghan!

What specific communication skills are you asking about, please?

Thanks!
    devika.600 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2012, 02:44 AM
    Hi,
    I want to learn English language.Can anybody help me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Are Some Ways That I Can Improve My Skills Writing in English? [ 20 Answers ]

:) Hi,everyone,I'm a college student in China,and I'm from Beijing. I want to improve my skills in writing,but there're so much problem for me. For example, I always committed some mistake of grammar,and I couldn't use the word in some correct way, and some mistake in spelling......

What Are Some Ways That I Can Improve My Skills Writing in English? [ 1 Answers ]

:p Hi,everyone,could you help me improve my writing skills? I want to avoid some common false and to make my sentence more sharp.:D But I donn't know how to solve my problem... :confused: Thanks a lot!

How to improve my basketball skills [ 2 Answers ]

For the passt years I can never make a shot in proper lay ups or proper defense I ned help imrovin my game before the season starts which is in 4 months some one help me?

How can one improve communication skills? [ 14 Answers ]

How can one improve their communication and written skills?

View more questions Search