Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    takashinho Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 11:41 AM
    Street bike
    I am selling my cruiser and am planning on buying a street bike (bullet). I would like to know what are some adventages of doing this and what are some disadvantages. Also to whoever knows about these motorcycles, what would be a good inexpensive one that would fit me. I mean I am kind of short and feel a little insecure when both my feet don't reach the ground.m I know its doable but id like to get some info. Thanks. Also where is the best place to put my motorcycle for sale.
    Brysize Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 11:38 AM
    I would recommend a Suzuki SV650. In general, you want to know your pant inseam. Here is a link for all major bikes and their seat height. http://motorcycles.about.com/od/basi...eatheights.htm

Feet on the ground is important for confidence from a new rider, regardless of experience level when a "new to them" bike is invovled. The SV650N is a standard bike with a street bike look. The SV650S has lowered clip-ons for handlebars to get it behind the stock fairing. You can also get a deal on it used. Plenty of aftermarket parts if you want to trick it out. New bike I might suggest Kawasaki Ninja 650R. That has a much more sporty setup in the looks department, but has a standard set up as well.

How big is your inseam? I might suggest another bike based on that. How long have you been riding? Most street bikes/bullet style are at the 31" seat height. Is that too tall for you? I can give more suggestions if you have a bike you have to have. Just update this or PM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What size bike [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a new rider, I'm 5'5'' weigh about 125 lbs and am a woman. What size bike should I be riding? Is a 125 (4 stroke) too small for my size? It feels more comfortable and easy to handle than a 230 or 250.

Bike riding and weight loss [ 10 Answers ]

I want to start bike riding to lose weight/peace of mind. I am on a pretty tight schedule time wise and want to know if I bike for twenty minutes pedeling the entire time, some uphill, will I reach the point where I start to burn fat? I am 5'7, 194lbs if that helps.

Sold motorcycle, got cash, buyer won't pick up bike? [ 5 Answers ]

Two days ago on the 12th a man responded to an ad we had in the local paper about a motorcycle we owned and were selling. He came by w/ his girlfriend and after about 30 minutes of discussion between the two of them, ultimately bought the bike. He did not want to ride it prior to buying it...

Stopping my bike and staying upright! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I recently purchased a honda goldwing, (my first bike). I find it (of course!! ) to be heavy, and my problem is stopping! I can stop now without falling, but my stops are sloppy, I have to drag my foot before stopping, but would like to try something a little more professional... can you help...

Down at the end of Lonely street? [ 2 Answers ]

Are you at Heartbreak Hotel? Right now, right this instant... Have I got a song for you... I discovered them listening to a country alternative station around where I live and then got onto Yahoo music launch to see if there was a video for it. The Band is called "Cowboy Crush" The...

View more questions Search