Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2010, 04:52 PM
    Health Care Bill?
    One nice thing I like about having Bills passed is they can always be repealed down the road by folks who are not bribed or on the hot seat having to make a decision about should they take the $ (either for their state or for themselves) or under pressure from some nut job named Pelosi. Just look what happened to the No Alcohol Bill that was passed. That got repealed, didn't it? Prohibition sounded great when it was passed I'm sure, but in the end it was repealed by folks who were sensible.

More than likely when all the bums are voted out in November and others take their place in Washington they will see the error of their precedecessors and reverse the Health (Death) Care Bill (Reform or whatever fancy name they ended up calling it). It cannot possibly be enforced or work at all and cost too much in the end.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 05:16 PM

I don't believe it will be repealed .I've said it all along that "entitlements" once enacted get entrenched. Barring a court reversal ,we are going to have to learn to live with variations of this monstrosity .

Therefore I don't think that "repeal" is the best strategy for November .The Dems are going to keep on drumming on the "benefits" that kick in immediately and paint the Republicans as the party that wants to get rid of the "guarantee of insurance for people with preconditions"... etc.

The Republicans should instead continue to tout the ideas that Rep Paul Ryan forwarded throughout the debate and promise that when they regain control they will fix this budget busting monster and introduce market solutions into the "comprehensive " reform.

The Republicans should also emphasis the horrible process and pledge to reform the way Congress conducts business ,instead of being part of the system.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2010, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The Republicans should also emphasis the horrible process and pledge to reform the way Congress conducts business ,instead of being part of the system.
    Hello tom:

You couldn't win on the merits of the bill. You couldn't win by demonizing the "process". And, in a couple weeks, people are going to forget the process... Why?? Because Republicans use the SAME process.

But, more importantly, because there AREN'T death panels in the law, and if there were, we'd STILL be hearing about them... I don't know what you think happens to people after you've lied to them for a while... I think they STOP believing what you say... Apparently, you don't think that.

excon
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 25, 2010, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    But, more importantly, because there AREN'T death panels in the law, and if there were, we'd STILL be hearing about them

excon
    You're right. Nowhere in the bill is the term "death panels" used.

The groundwork for rationed healthcare is laid out quite nicely but they don't use that term either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health and social care - hazards in health & social care settings [ 10 Answers ]

Explain the potential hazards in health and social care settings, you should include: 1. hazards: e.g. from workinh environment, working condition, poor staffing training, poor working practices, equipment, substance etc. 2. working environment: e.g. within an organisation's premises 3....

Can anyone give me a summary of the health care bill? [ 2 Answers ]

I and my family were having a discussion about what was in the new health care bill. We had some disagreements. I was just wondering if anyone on here could give me a quick summary of the main points.

Looks like the Health Care bill will be rammed through [ 46 Answers ]

Ho Ho Ho. Merry Christmas. Looks like Bammy's health care bill is going to be rammed through on Xmas Eve no less when every Senator and Congressman should be at home with their families. Now I know why the bill was pushed back a few weeks ago. It was so it could be passed in the middle of the...

Health care & home care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set up health care & Home care agency?

The Baucus health care bill [ 8 Answers ]

Hello wingers: How come so quiet? Is it cause you got what you want - a GIFT of 30 million new customers to the insurance companies? If you guys weren't sooooo far to the right, Max Baucus would be a Republican... One thing you can say about Republicans, though... Even IF your...

View more questions Search