Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    K-ROB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 04:22 PM
    What is an order to vacate final judgment of foreclosure
    My home is currently in foreclosure and I received a letter from the attorney representing the bank which was an ex-parte motion to vacate final judgement of foreclosure. The judge granted the motion but I don't know what that means.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 04:29 PM
    A copy of the motion was included with the letter?

final judgment of foreclosure:
    that would be the main order sought in the foreclosure case. "Final" means not preliminary.

ex parte: can have several meanings. Sometimes it means a motion which is not served on you. Since you received it, it could also mean that it doesn't require that you be given time to oppose it. Or, apparently, in some jurisdictions it means that a hearing is not required.

vacate: to "undue" the judgment.

Perhaps for some reason the attorney figures the judgment needed to be un-done, and a corrected judgment substituted for it. Some technical defect: wrong legal description perhaps?
    K-ROB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 04:34 PM

A copy of the motion was included and it asks the judge to withdraw original documents and substitue copies therin and it states for the reason that the plaintiff and defendant have agreed to a loan modification. However, the bank says my file is under review and I'm confused about what all this means.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by K-ROB View Post
    A copy of the motion was included and it asks the judge to withdraw original documents and substitue copies therin and it states for the reason that the plantiff and defendant have agreed to a loan modification. However, the bank says my file is under review and I'm confused about what all this means.
    Is a loan modification document actually attached?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do on a Motion to Vacate and Objection to Final Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

This started as a Modification of Child Support. NCP WAS NOT happy with the amount Hearing Officer set and has since hired a different attorney and that attorney has filed a Motion to Vacate and Objection to Final Judgment. What do you recommend I do now? I don't have the money for an attorney and...

Vacate a judgment [ 13 Answers ]

Can I vacate a judgment that was originally my father but after doing the succession it became mine. The judgment is for 26000.00 for a 1997 Aerostar van that my father was buying. The van was given back in 2001. The creditor supposively had a judgment on my father in 2003 that I was not aware...

Won order to Vacate Judgment-how delete from county clerk file? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I won an order to vacate a default judgment. The judge asked me to get a copy of the transcript of the court session, she signed it, and it was sent on to the county clerks office. My default judgment is officially vacated, yet the transcript is now public record. I would like to file some...

View more questions Search