Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 02:54 PM
    Networked Printer Problems
    Here's the setup:

Dell Server with '03 on it. Nothing special, one raid and one extra drive for media, ftp server, RDP, that's about it.

It gets DHCP from a router hub set up. It isn't really hosting the network. I have a Thin Client with windows embedded on it. I use that as a magic jack and print server. Everything there works fine. Set to login as the administrator automatically, got rid of the citrix and Sygate software, everything is pretty much kosher. Enabled RDP there too.

I have successfully mapped the Printer to my Win XP Laptop, using the login credentials I use for RDP and to get on the system manually. Problem is when I try to map the printer on to the server it neither asks for credentials nor prints properly. I have tried printing from Applications and test pages. All I ever get is one blank page. Its an older HP LaserJet.

Am I missing something. The server doesn't ask me to login to the printer like my laptop does, but I thought that was because the same RDP credentials were stored. I even tried enabling the guest account on the thin client.

Thanks in Advance.
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 02:55 PM

Oh, the embedded system is a fresh install.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 01:28 PM

Still no luck. I think it has something to do with the t5000 running embedded. It siphons off terminal services and that conflicts with adding the printer to the Dell.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 03:52 PM

Ok, I shut off the terminal services on the server and it beautifully prints. Small problem though, I am having problems logging in via RDP. I suppose I can take the lesser of two evils.
    raj2160 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 12:46 PM
    Have you tried changing the default port terminal services uses. You can change it via a registry change and use the client to connect by using <ip>:<port> as the address from the client.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer and printer problems [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes network computer doesn't send print queus to physically attached printer, sometimes restarting computer is needed, why?

Printer problems [ 3 Answers ]

What does it mean when it says that my printer is commuicating with my PC and how do I fixed this problem

Printer problems [ 3 Answers ]

Having trouble with printer because M3SKin.DLL was not. How can I correct this problem?

Printer problems [ 8 Answers ]

I have attached an Epsom Stylus 740 to a Compaq Presario 1246 Laptop. I can see the printer in the print dropdown option. It will also give me a test page but refuses to print out any documents. It says I have an error printing to LPT 1 The printer is not ready. Make sure it is turned on and...

View more questions Search