Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    log Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2010, 01:46 PM
    1997 infiniti i30 stereo problem
    Hey guys,I have a 1997 infiniti i30... so anyway the stereo which is factory,the cd deck will not read the cd after 15-20 seconds it will just automatically eject the disk and read error.now the radio,tape deck work perfectly its just the cd part that just won't read any cd.
    ... any help or suggestions would be great!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2010, 01:55 PM

The CD is likely bad and needs replacing. They usually are cheaper to replace than fix. My DVD/CD on my computer recently started ejecting automatically--I ended up replacing it:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2244339

Mar 23, 2010, 02:00 PM

OK,but the factory deck is a combonation of radio,tape and cd,so do you suggest I replace the whole thing?
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2010, 02:03 PM

If you want, get an estimate on how much it would cost to repair the CD. You may be surprised. Let that guide your decision. I would be inclined to replace the whole unit.

Mar 23, 2010, 02:26 PM

Is there any other option?
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2010, 04:01 PM

Remove and work on it yourself.

Mar 24, 2010, 08:59 PM
    1997 infiniti i30 cd factory deck problem
    Hey guys and gals,
    The factory deck I have is a combination of radio,tape and cd.. everything works but the cd part will not read the discs,it will just eject the disc after 15-20 seconds and read error.
    Any help or suggestions would be great!

Mar 25, 2010, 04:54 PM
    ##1997 infiniti i30 cd factory deck problem##
    Hey guys and gals,
    The factory deck I have is a combination of radio,tape and cd.. everything works but the cd part will not read the discs,it will just eject the disc after 15-20 seconds and read error.
    Any help or suggestions would be great!

Mar 29, 2010, 11:06 AM
    Stereo factory deck situation
    Hey I have 1997 infiniti i30,. my factory sereo head unit is a combination of radio,tape and cd.everything on this unit works fine but the cd part will not read the cd.after 15-20 seconds the deck will eject disc and read error.
    Any suggestions,advice,help for an easy fix would be great!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 ford f-250 glow plug problem [ 1 Answers ]

I went to start the truck gloplug lihgt came on did not start turn it off tried it again anthe gloplug light did not come.changed the gloplug relay that is next to the fuel filter canister it look like a starter selinoid still will not come on. I can run a jumper wire an get them to come on and can...

97 dodge ram stereo swap sound problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed a few radios before but never had a problem like this. The aftermarket cd player works and sounds great... on the radio but when turned to cd, the internal amps or something seem to turn off leaving nothing but the front tweeters for sound. Can anyone help?

Honda Civic 1997 - Hood Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Help!! My hood on my 1997 Honda Civic will not open!! When I pull on the lever, nothing happens (it does not pop open as it usually does) Does anybody know of an alternate way to get the hood to open?? This is urgent and I would really appreciate some help!!

1990 Infiniti has no A/C [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 infiniti and I can't get the a/c to work! I replaced the whole electrical unit and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

View more questions Search