Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonnygood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 10:53 AM
    Magnitude and direction of resultant force
    The force of 5N and a force of 8 N act at the same point and inclined at 45deg. To each other. Find the magnitude and direction of the resultant force.

Explain how a parallelograme of law of force may be applied to velocities.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 07:51 AM

That is your work and you have to give it a try first. What did you do? Why did you do that?

Post those first, then we'll try to spot where you are stuck and help you out.
    Jackie1995 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 04:01 PM
    I did try it but I didn't get the correct answer. I don't know whatvi did wrong
    Jackie1995 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 04:02 PM
    35.3 real answer is 24.8 but I don't know hot to get that answer
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2012, 10:24 PM
    Show your workings please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the magnitude and direction of the resultant force. [ 6 Answers ]

I have a question which requires finding the magnitude and direction of a resultant force (including angles as to be able to accurately draw on paper). The question is written as follows: "consider two forces, F1 and F2, of magnitudes 17N and 9N respectively, acting on a particle (diagram). what...

Magnitude and direction of the resultant displacement [ 1 Answers ]

A grasshopper makes four jumps. The displacement vectors are (1) 27.0 cm, due west; (2) 23.0 cm, 35.0° south of west; (3) 28.0 cm, 55.0° south of east; and (4) 35.0 cm, 63.0° north of east. Find the magnitude and direction of the resultant displacement. Express the direction with respect to due...

Finding the Magnitude and Direction of Force one with the Resultant Given [ 14 Answers ]

Determine the magnitude and direction theata of F1 so that the resultant force is directed vertically upward and has a magnitude of 800N. 9925 I have difficulty of where to start the problem? Do I sum up the forces of the x axis with unknowns in it and forces of the y axis with the unknown...

Magnitude and direction of resultant force [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know how to determine what is an x and y component. I am trying to solve the following problem. Three people are pulling on a tree. The first person pulls with 15N at 65 degrees; the second with 16N at 135 degrees; the third with 11N at 195 degrees. What is the magnitude and direction...

Magnitude and direction of the resultant [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a high school physics course and NEED some help with this problem. Four forces act on a hot-sir balloon, Force upward= 5120N Force downward= 4050N Force westward= 1520N Force eastward= 950N Find the magnitude and direction of the resultant force...

View more questions Search