Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayhawkhenry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 10:30 AM
    Outdoor outlet blown
    Last week we had a steady rain, it caused my outdoor xmas lights to shut off. The lights work in any other outlet in and out of the house but not in the one intended to. I have reset all the breakers in the main box and there is no GFI that I can find associated with the one outdoor outlet I want to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2006, 05:42 PM
    If there is no GFI in a bathroom, kitchen, garage, basement, main panel, or outdoorss that serves this outlet, one other thing that may be causing the problem is a loose or corroded connection in that outlet, possibly due to water leaking into it, or a loose connection elsewhere in a nearby outlet, switch or junction box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outdoor outlet quit. Reset where? [ 8 Answers ]

Stupid question: Where would the circuit board or switch be for outdoor outlets? We have one outlet in front and one in back and neither one are working. They're both GFCI with no reset/test buttons. The only GFCI outlets we have inside the home is in the kitchen and we've reset it and nothing...

Blown off [ 17 Answers ]

I met this guy in one of my college classes 4 months ago. We went out a few times, and he’s been to my apartment several times to work on a class project. I’ve had a crush on him since I met him. We talk online all the time. I never let him know I liked him until I found out one night that he was...

Outdoor outlet not working -- wet? [ 1 Answers ]

Our outdoor front entry outlet isn't working, and there is no reset button, nor is there a switch listed on our fuse box for that outlet. Outlets in indoor rooms that are closest to this outlet are working fine. We've had some rain this week, right around the time the outlet quit working. Is there...

120 volt outlet from 240 volt outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that it is possbile to wire a 120 volt outlet from a 240 volt outlet. My 240 volt outlet has 3 wires in, white, black, and a ground. Do I wire the 120 volt outlet from the either wire and the ground? My voltage meter indicates that connection is 120 volts. Is there any down side to...

Blown gasket or blown cilynder [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... lets get down to it... I know nothing about cars... I am 17 and a girl and my dad know about as much about cars as I do. Well here's what's happened with my '97 saturn SL1 in the past few weeks. ~My oil light comes on... I tell my dad and he tells me to check it. My boyfriend and I check...

View more questions Search