Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2010, 09:04 AM
    Constant brown discharge.
    I had my implanon removed 2 months ago now and my doctor prescribed the pill.
    I have been taking the pill same time everyday, haven't missed a tablet.
    Period came as normal but in between I have a constant (and annoying) brown discharge.

It's enough for me to have to use a panty liner every day.

Anyone else experienced this?
    Should I stop taking the pill or just keep doing what I'm doing and hope it stops eventually?

I have a Gyno appointment end of next month but was hoping someone could give me some insight a little sooner than that :)
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 09:31 AM

Hey this happened to me when I went off the Depo Provera (the needle) I had crazy spotting, and constant this charge. It lasted almost 2 months!

If you do stop your pills, make sure to stop them at the end of the cycle not in between, that'll just cause more spotting.
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2010, 06:54 PM

Thanks Aurora, so yours just went away on it's own eventually?

I know my hormones are all over the place at the moment, didn't realise it would take this long for everything to get back to normal (the implanon really messed me up)

The main one it cased was really bad acne, there wasn't a patch of skin on my face that was free from bumps... that is finally clearing up!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 06:58 PM
    Shazzy, this is very normal for coming of the implanon. Your body was bombarded with hormones 24/7, not it only gets the hormones once a day. It takes a little while for your body to adjust to the changes in the hormone levels. ;)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 06:59 PM

Shaz, I've been there too, when I first started taking the pill. I don't need it now, hubby got the big snip. ;)

It can take some time for you body to adjust.

Definitely mention it to your gyno but I wouldn't go off the pill unless it's under your doctors advice.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 04:44 AM

Yup mine went away, but it took almost 3 months for me to stop spotting, and being all dischargy. Blech.
    I have issues with Acne, and I've never found any birth control to help. Proactive didn't even help!
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 04:58 AM

Thank you everyone, that has eased my mind a lot!

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything horribly wrong with me, I'll just bring it up with my Gyno next month :)
    Was supposed to have my appointment next week but it got pushed back because she is going to a conference.

I bought ProActiv too Aurora... $60 later and it actually made my skin worse. I have figured out that I have to use products with Salicylic Acid, not Benzoyl Peroxide ;)
    Dogs Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 05:03 AM

Hmm thanks for the tip, I'll give her a whirl. Right now I am using Lancome, $100.00 + for the complete set. Any product you recommend?
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 05:26 AM

I have actually been using plain old Clearasil.
    I have the clearasil facewash (not scrub)
    Clearasil toner
    And clearsil spot treatment (that white pasty cream that doesn't rub in)
    Followed up by Garnier moisturizer with salicylic acid.

It has really worked for me... just check the ingredients as clearasil have products that contain both active ingredients (Benzoyl or the Salicylic acid) you have to check what product contains which ingredient ;)

I have tried, ProActiv, Garnier, Nutrimetics, Nutrogena, and many others I have forgotten the names old. Clearasil works the best for me (except for the moisturizer for some reason, that didn't agree with me)
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 05:37 AM
    Would you believe that THIS (see photo) is 100% better than it was a few months ago. (photo taken about 20 seconds ago lol)

I couldn't even touch my face it was so bad.
    Now there is mostly redness, the HUGE bumps have gone now they are a lot smaller.
    Luckily I can cover most of it with make-up because the bumps are not as raised.

P.S that one near the corner of my mouth is KILLING me at the moment though... ouch.
    Attached Images

Dogs Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 05:41 AM

Bummer, I've tried Clearasil, did not work for me. I've used everything under the sun, including some pretty nasty home remmedies. I've tried replegea (spelling?) which ran about $200 almost each month to wash your face according to their specifications, to the cheapest of the cheap. Nadda. I went and saw a dermatologist, he told me to stop wasting his time with teen age acne. I was 24 at the time. He gave me this clear glue like spot treatment that didn't work either.
    I've learned to deal. But it sure does suck!
    Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 06:07 AM
    Remember that much of this is genetic and no amount of product will work for everyone. Just look to your family... parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, etc. See who else in your family suffered with this problem. I bet you find a common denominator.

Simple tips... wash with antibacterial soap and warm water several times a day. Keep your hands/fingers away from your face. Keep your hair off your face.

Many of these expensive products are pricey because of the names and the packaging, NOT the ingredients.
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 06:14 AM

Thanks for the tips J.

Yeah, my mum does still get acne and she is about to turn 50, hers is nowhere near as bad as mine, I guess I'm just a genetic mutation :D

I used to let it get to me really bad in school, but now days I just shrug it off, I've gotten used to it.

I used some high end products until Christmas when I got a $50 voucher for K-mart, that's when I went and stocked up on Clearasil.

I have to get some antibacterial soap, I just have the clearasil wash which is very drying.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Yeah, my mum does still get acne and she is about to turn 50, hers is nowhere near as bad as mine
    I'm 46 and have an outbreak right now. Most of it is due to hormonal imbalances. I don't get it as bad as you, but I notice that I get outbreaks during stressful times.

Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    clearasil wash which is very drying.

Not good. It will make you look older sooner. Believe it or not, oil is your friend. It keeps your skin smooth and supple and younger looking longer.

Personally, I used to HATE my oily skin. I was always embarrassed because my face would be shiny and appeared that I had no makeup on after about an hour or so of applying it. Now that I am 45, I look around at my friends of the same age who have dry skin or tan frequently. I look at least 5 years younger than most of them. So, I have decided that I will just blot the oil on my face with some tissue and stay younger looking than some of my peers.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 06:23 AM

Thanks J. No one in my family really has acne except my cousins on my moms side. None of my aunts or uncles ever had acne. Don't worry I think I'm a genetic mutation too Shaz! (that made my day SO much better).
    I've used Jergans simply natural which was an anti bacterial soap, but my face literally peeled off.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I've used Jergans simply natural which was an anti bacterial soap, but my face literally peeled off.
    I'm not a fan of Jergens. What temp water did you use? Wash cloth or fingertips?
    Dogs Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 06:28 AM

Usually warm, but I;ve tried cold, I usually use my hands, but I have tried face cloths. What soap do you recommend?
    Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    What soap do you reccomend?
    Remember, I am in labor and delivery, not dermatology. ;) I'm drawing off my old cosmetology days many moons ago.

Now, cool water is best. Hot water is drying Personally I prefer Ivory Soap, but don't know if they make an antibacterial soap. While fingertips contain oils, face cloths contain bacteria if used more than once, so wash hands first, then wash face.

If the soaps you use are drying you will need to use a moisturizer. Look at ingredients of all products. Anything containing alcohol is NOT recommended.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 06:49 AM

Ok. Thanks! Right now I'd be willing to take advice from the crazy homeless woman out side :D. But I am willing to bet yours is going to be better! ;)

I find moisturizers actually make my face break out. I can feel one coming out right now as we speak!

Hay Shaz, do you use concelar? Or any face make up? I know I shouldn't, but I HAVE to use something. I just can not go to work with zits all over my face.
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 07:05 AM

I wear make-up maybe once every couple of months.
    I'm not a big make-up girl but if I am going out to dinner something I like to hide the redness.

I do have fairly oily hair which I always wear down, might start pinning it up more and see if that helps.

I didn't know about the wash cloths either! I'll be using my hands from now on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge then white discharge [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have not gotten my period yet, however, I had white discharge for months now and then the other day I had all brown discharge. When I checked again today, it was white again. Please help me!

Brown discharge/regual/back to brown? [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I started my period about 5 days ago. And for a day or so it was brownish red but it did not smell. Then it returned to its normal red color and slowed down. But today its back to a brownish color and its heavy again. Why?

Brown discharge + sticky darker brown when period is due [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 and is sexually active with my boyfriend. We are each other first and only so it shouldn't be anything like std or something. Anyway, my period was due last thrusday and it didn't come. The only thing that came was creamy light brown discharge then on Friday night, me and my boyfriend...

Brown Discharge a week before period, then brown discharge at time of period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on Yaz birth control and because of a different medicine I take they say the effectiveness of the birth control may be compromised (they don't know how much) so I always make sure to use a condom in addition to the birthcontrol. I never miss a pill and take them regularly...

View more questions Search