Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hlsodom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 08:00 AM
    Size an aluminum free standing pole to withstand 200 mph wind load.
    The pole is to hold a video-cam and will be hinged at the bottom. It will be exposed to the stated 200 mph from atop a levee structure.

Mar 23, 2010, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hlsodom View Post
    The :rolleyes: pole is to hold a video-cam and will be hinged at the bottom. It will be exposed to the stated 200 mph from atop a levee structure.
    My bad. The height is 60 ft.

Mar 23, 2010, 08:12 AM

Refinement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need wind load to be calculated [ 2 Answers ]

I am working on a project that I will need some help with. I need to attach chain link fence to the side of a concrete pillar where the fence will be 10' above the pillar and 2' on the side of the pillar for a total of 12' high. The fence will be of what is called louver-mesh meaning that the...

Wind Load [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to calculate the wind load for a sign that is going in at my Dad' office. I don't have a copy of the International Building Code, or ASCE 7.02. The sign is 7' x 2', with 4 4"x6"'s that will hold up the sign in 2' concrete. The sign itself is 14 ft^2, and I came up...

Wind load [ 1 Answers ]

How can I calculate wind load on anchor bolts for chain link fence posts? Then, how to calculate same load if posts are anchored and buried in 30" of concrete?

View more questions Search