Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larryjudd Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 03:34 AM
    Am I eligible for VA Health Benefits?
    I served in the US Navy for 6 years during Vietnam. I have now been out of work for 13 months and my COBRA coverage has expired. Am I eligble for VA services, particurly Prescriptions since I am diabetic and need Insulin.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 23, 2010, 04:09 AM

Its worth a try to contact them. Don't know your circumstances to offer an affirmative. Here is their website with information on how to contact them.

Contact Us - U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 05:21 AM

Larry, I read somewhere, the VA had linked exposure to agent orange to diabetes, not sure of validity, do what tickle said. I would also check with any local VFW, or DAV organizations for info. Good luck, and thanks for your service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H-1B researcher, eligible for tax treaty benefits? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am an H-1B visa holder and currently employed as a post-doctoral researcher at a university in the state of Mississippi, since Dec. 1, 2008. I am a Romanian citizen, however the H-1B visa was issued by the US Embassy in Athens, Greece. I lived in Greece the last 7 years - doing my PhD -...

Deceased birthmother drew SSI benefits. What are children eligible for? [ 16 Answers ]

A birthmother had 5 children. While alive she drew disability benefits. Not the kind where you become disabled after you have paid into the system, but the kind where you are disabled and never able to work. (She was diagnosed Manic Depressive.) Anyway, is there any money at all these kids are...

Health Insurance Benefits [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I file health insurance benefits we paid for an independent contractor?

View more questions Search