Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 07:50 AM
    Strip clubs
    Hey Guys

Just a general question, would like to get opinions from people here at AMHD.

How do you feel about your partner visiting a strip club, with the boys (if male) or with the girl (if female).

Just a one time thing really? Not a regular occurrence lol

Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 1, 2006, 07:52 AM
    I have no problem with it one way or another. I am confident in my relationship with my husband.
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Dec 1, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Ever heard of the saying you can look but not touch ! What does is matter if the person is just looking, we all enjoy that!
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 07:59 AM
    That's my moto too!
    Or:- there's no harm in window shopping ;)

Im not trying to judge or excuse anyone here, I just want honest replies that's all.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 08:10 AM
    I honestly don't mind. Sometimes I even go with him and the guys. I am not a big fan of watching strippers myself... but I am always up for a good drink and good company
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 08:11 AM
    Way to go ;)
    U not slighlty embarresed watching a female strip?
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Dec 1, 2006, 08:13 AM
    Looking is fine, those girls have to make money for college, I have enough confidence that my husband would go, have a beer with the guys and he'd say something like "Oh come on, my WIFE has more T&A than THAT!":p

But seriously, I think as long as they are with friends and its not every single night, its fine.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 08:14 AM
    Naa... actually the one I go to is really tasteful and I have become friends with some of the girls... the funny thing is that most of them are lesbians. It kills me when I watch them strip and the guys are drooling.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 08:30 AM
    That's well funny!

You go girl ;)
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Dec 1, 2006, 08:33 AM
    A strip club had a hand in my divorce. My husband went every night (not exagerating) after work with the guys. The guys he worked with were related to him and all single accept the owner of the company. My daughter (who was an infant at the time) would drive 100 miles to my parents place almost every weekend and he would never come back with us because there wasn't strip joints around there.

I have gone to see "male strippers" and it is fun. Not somehing I would need to do very often. Last time I went was 3 years ago. (Not a lot of male strip joints around).

My opinion... going to strip clubs is not a big deal if you have trust in a relationship and as long as you aren't ADDICTED to them... Lol

Hey... I like looking and I wouldn't expect my man to not look! We are human!
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 08:39 AM
    Of course I have to be the odd ball out :(.

Not a huge fan of the whole scene. With that said, if those girls can hang on to their self-esteem, and are enjoying themselves, and racking up the dollars... I say GOOD FOR THEM!

Thankfully this isn't an issue in my home. Can only share hubby's comments on it... and that is He just doesn't get it... and it never appealed to him. He commented that when he did go back in his single days, it just never appealed to him, as he knew the girls weren't dancing for him, but the money he and his friends had in their pockets. His words,not mine.

For me personally, not a matter of conifidence in my hubby, if he one night decided he and his friends were going to a strip club, I wouldn't mind him going as I know how he feels about it all. However, if he had the attitude, Oh it's just boys being boys... then it may cause me a little concern, not for what he was seeing with his eyes, but in a general sense his view and respect for women, would be my concern.

But as I said, not really an issue I ever needed to contend with, so I may be a bit green in this area.

As far as the reverse, girls going out to a male strip club, never done it myself, and really isn't on my "to do" list. Rather dance the night away with great music, a little wine and surrounded with laughter and great friends.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 08:50 AM
    My husband is not a fan of watching the girls, in fact he often stands at the bar far away from where the show is going on. He is more into the getting together with the guys. Which is why I think he does not care when I come. I am not a huge fan of male strippers and have only been to a club once. It was more then enough for me.
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Dec 1, 2006, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuscany
    in fact he often stands at the bar far away from where the show is going on. He is more into the getting together with the guys.

Lol... that sounds like me! I stand in the way back. I just like the "girls getting together" time.

I have been to male strip joints and female strip joints and I'll tell you this... WOMEN ARE WAY MORE WILD AND CRAZY, at the strip joints, then men. These women act like they have never seen a man "half naked" man before. It is funny as heck! It makes me laugh because of the way they act.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 09:46 AM
    I think the female reaction is what makes me feel uncomfortable when watching male strippers. I was at a bar once where there was a stagette (sp?) party going on in the next room, and this woman came flying out of that room into the bar area in her bra and underwear. I was shocked. Men do not act like that.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2006, 09:48 AM
    Meh, I'm a guy and not a huge fan of the strip clubs. For a while all stags (the nights out for the engaged guy) were at strip clubs then we got bored of that and weren't fans of certain types of people that were regulars so we found a golf course that catered to stags. Golfing with beverages is a blast!

Anyway I'd rather go to a regular bar and talk to women who aren't paid to sweet to me. I wouldn't mind if my wife went 'cause I know her quite well and it isn't an issue. If she comes home all randy then we all win! :D
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 09:53 AM
    I hear you on that Karma!! I am a gal and for my last night out we went wine tasting. We had a blast!
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Dec 1, 2006, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Of course I have to be the odd ball out :(.

Not a huge fan of the whole scene. With that said, if those girls can hang on to their self-esteem, and are enjoying themselves, and racking up the dollars...I say GOOD FOR THEM!

Thankfully this isn't an issue in my home. Can only share hubby's comments on it...and that is He just doesn't get it...and it never appealed to him. He commented that when he did go back in his single days, it just never appealed to him, as he knew the girls weren't dancing for him, but the money he and his friends had in their pockets. His words,not mine.

For me personally, not a matter of conifidence in my hubby, if he one night decided he and his friends were going to a strip club, I wouldn't mind him going as I know how he feels about it all. However, if he had the attitude, Oh it's just boys being boys....then it may cause me a little concern, not for what he was seeing with his eyes, but in a general sense his view and respect for women, would be my concern.

But as I said, not really an issue I ever needed to contend with, so I may be a bit green in this area.

As far as the reverse, girls going out to a male strip club, never done it myself, and really isn't on my "to do" list. Rather dance the night away with great music, a little wine and surrounded with laughter and great friends.
    Well, you are the oddball no more my friend... I'm not a big fan of the idea of my family's hard earned money being tossed, tucked or slipped into the crevices of some poor naked woman. At least in Vegas, dropping a buck you've got a chance to win it back and then some. I've never been inside one of those places and have no intention to visit one... ever, no need. Allheart, your husband must be my husband's long lost brother because he feels the same way. He says he feels kind of like a chump sitting there, almost being targeted "Hey, this guy looks like a pretty gullible guy, lets see how much of his money I can take...".

Personally though, not to sound like an insecure person, but why put yourself in a place with the very high potential of creating temptation. If its attention and excitement my husband craves, I'll buy a wig, thigh high boots and a pole myself and let him have the real thing. I'm not putting down anyone who enjoys it (unless of course they go every day and create problems for the family like Single 4's did) to each his own.

Need Karma has the best idea of my husband's kind of fun...
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 10:29 AM
    This is just an overall observation of this site... and Momincali is a great example.
    Although people don't agree with anothers opinion, they do not put each other down or make them feel bad. This site is truly a place where you can freely voice your opinions and educate yourself.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Well, since I know my wife would never let me do it, I sure as hell wouldn't let her do it either. Hell, my wife doesn't even like me going to Hooters. (Hooters is an American-based chain that specializes in burgers, buffalo wings and beer whose servers are all females and wear tank tops and shorts.)
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2006, 11:09 PM
    It's not the girls ever go out with you. I mean that's what my friends tell me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend and Strip Clubs [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have a dilemna with my boyfriend. We have been going out for a year, and he and I are compatible in so many ways, I can really see myself being with this guy for a long time. The other day, before his one week trip to Arizona, he's going with some buddies for vacation to relax on the golf...

Strip Clubs... [ 12 Answers ]

What songs are mostly played at strip clubs. Like what are the titles?:D

Regripping clubs [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use any kind of double sided tape to regrip a club? Thanks

Golf clubs (regriping) [ 1 Answers ]

When you regrip a golf club, How do you make the grip larger to fit you hand? BOB H

Regriping golf clubs [ 2 Answers ]

What is the fluid used on the grip tape to lubricate the grip as you slide it on the shaft. I heard it's Naptha, if that's true can I buy it at a paint store?

View more questions Search