Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mayne45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 04:31 PM
    Can I become a teacher in the US with a sealed criminal record? (of felony)
    I have a charge from 7/2001 of theft (felony) that has been sealed (non-disclosure). My dream as a child seeing Eddie Robinson and Lovie Smith coach is to coach, and eventually get to the big leagues, college or NFL. I still continue to fight, but have had no luck in becoming a public school teacher and coach in TEXAS. Is there any other state out there (or more lenient) that would give me a chance at accomplishing my dream of teaching and coaching youth?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2010, 06:42 PM

Your "sealed" record is not sealed to government background searches.

Also if it was public for some time, it may be in private searches for a long time and even if sealed are not sealed in many private search companies.

And what exactly was the felony ?

But it is not very likely to happen
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 07:15 PM
    In every state the law for teachers or any staff member is; You will be finger printed and the school system will have the local police departments run a background check. Hope I helped! How old were you when this felony happened?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can your record be sealed if your over 18 years old [ 3 Answers ]

Can your record still be sealed if you are 18 years old

Sealed record [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very important question, that I have been struggling with for 15 years and every time that I apply for a job it gets in my way. When I was turning 18 years old I was charge as a misder and it still on my record and I have graduate from college with a degree, and never being in any more...

Can I get My record sealed or cleared? [ 2 Answers ]

I Live In St.louis Mo And I Have Felony Conviction That Will Be Seven Years Old In December '08'. I Was Convicted Of First Degree Robbery And Armed Criminal Act The (aca) Was Dropped And I Did Five Years Probation. Can I Get My Record Cleared Or Sealed?

Do you have a criminal record [ 3 Answers ]

If you got caught shoplifting at a first offense took the theft class and were no convicted do you have a criminal record

View more questions Search