Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianajen Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2006, 07:17 AM
    Kitchen faucet leaking
    Why does my kitchen faucet leak when I am running the bathtub or washing machine {both in other areas of the house}?

How do I fix it? Could it just be that the seal in the faucet is worn? If so, do I need to replace the faucet or is there a way to just replace the seal? I have a single handle faucet which is 10 years old. Thank you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 1, 2006, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dianajen
    Why does my kitchen faucet leak when I am running the bathtub or washing machine {both in other areas of the house}?

How do I fix it? Could it just be that the seal in the faucet is worn? If so, do I need to replace the faucet or is there a way to just replace the seal? I have a single handle faucet which is 10 years old. Thank you.
    This is kind of weird, Running the water in your house should diminish the pressure not increase it to the point of pushing it past the "O" rings in the cartridge. What's the brand name of the kitchen faucet? Regards, Tom

Dec 3, 2006, 08:45 AM
    Thanks for your reply... the faucet is a Moen single handled. Also, I have an undersink filter installed, if that makes any difference {which is tapped into the cold water line only, so I can't imagine that it would be part of the problem, but what do I know?:o

Is it possible that the faucet {or some part inside of it} is worn out after 10 years?

Thanks again.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 3, 2006, 08:51 AM
    "Is it possible that the faucet {or some part inside of it} is worn out after 10 years?"

It most certainly is. The "O" rings on the cartridge could have got spongy and allowed pressure to slip past. Replace the Moen cartridge and watch your problem disappear. If you need instructions click on back.
    Regards, Tom

Dec 3, 2006, 08:53 AM
    Um, yes I could use some info on how to replace the cartridge, if you don't mind {and thank you}...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a leaking shower faucet and tried to take faucet apart to change the o-ring but was not able to takeout more than a cover for the screw and the screw that was under it. I have not located the ORING CAN any one please help. I have a symmons Temptrol brand.:confused: You need to replace...

Kitchen Faucet [ 3 Answers ]

We replaced plumbing in our house, now the kitchen sink when turned on trickles water. If we take faucet off the water shoots out. We replace faucet and the water trickles. The faucet is not clogged. What can be the problem?

Leaking faucet [ 1 Answers ]

2 handle price-pfister kitcken faucet is leaking on hot water side. How does this cartridge remove and can it be repaired with new washers or do I need to replace the cartridge? Thanks

Kitchen Faucet [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A Loud Screeching Sound In My Kitchen Faucet

Faucet seating/leaking problem [ 1 Answers ]

We Have A Glacier Bay Bathroom Faucet That's Been Dripping. A Series 300 That Uses The Small 7/16 Rubber Boot And Spring That Fits In Approp. Hole In Water Supply Then Over The Top Fits A Turnable Water Control. Well, I Have Replaced This Type Before W/o A Problem But This One Leaks After New Ones...

View more questions Search