Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FunkTechNician Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 06:27 AM
    Cant Get Monitor To Work on new PC
    Hello, I am building a new computer and I can't get a signal to the monitor. I build computers all the time. But this time I'm stumped.

Motherboard + CpU COmbo=
    Mercury P4VM800M7 Via Socket 775 MicroATX Motherboard and an Intel Celeron D 351 3.20GHz OEM Processor
    Bought Here
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...BM-P4VM800-351

Ultra Grid ATX Mid-Tower Case with Front USB and Audio Ports and Ultra V-Series 500-Watt Power Supply

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...51751&CatId=32

Ram = CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...P=OTC-d3alt1me

Hard drive = Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3320620A 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM

that should be enough info about the hardware.

So basically Im having a few issues.

1. Not sure how to put in The Chassis 9-pin Front Panel Header. It tells me - and + but I have no idea which color is plus and which color is minus. HDD Led = Red & White, Reset Led = 1 Blue 1 White, Power Switch = 1 Orange 1 White, Power Led = 1 green 1 white but that one says plus and minus. The other ones I have no clue what color is plus or minus cause it doesn't say on the thing and the header doesn't have any color. The power seems to come on. The first fan and hink sink I put on the Cpu fan would just spin for a second then stop 2-3 seconds later would spin for a second then stop. So I took the fan that come with my other computers heatsink and fan and put it on there. It is also 775. Finally I get the power to stay on and the keyboard lights blink and that seems to be fine.

2. There is no signal from the motherboard to the monitor. I know its not the monitor cause I'm using that same one right now and I've tried 2. At first I I didn't realize that the board had its own VGA slot and I bought a AGP card and hooked up to that and got no signal. I realized that there was one built in and unhooked it and pluged it into the vga plug built into the computer. I still can not get a signal to the monitor. It doesn't say no signal. It just plugs in and the light on the monitor just stay orange instead of green. If anyone can help me to get this computer to work that would be great. I haven yet to get it to boot up once so there is no Windows or anything. All parts are brand new. The manual for the motherboard is garbage doesn't help me what so ever and ussualy the panel colors are colored makes it easyer for me to understand where to plug stuff in

Manual is here
    http://www.mercury-pc.com/downloads_...?productid=672

Thanks For any help.

Rick
    marburg Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2006, 11:56 AM
    I've seen this situation many times. I've had a number of folks who had a similar situation and it usually has been the motherboard touching the case. Sometimes eyeballing it doesn't help because it may look like it isn't touching but often just a sliver is making contact with the case. I would try remounting the motherboard.

Marburg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I want to upgrade my poop monitor but I have no idea where to start, I want a widescreen HD 19+ inch plasma monitor for as cheap as possible, can anyone give me advice? Regards- eric

Monitor? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it my moniter or my video card that not working when I play a game called medevil total war. I get the main screen and the trailer but when I play the game the maps show up white and my men show up as orange and in blocks Can anyone answer my question please.

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I need a service manual or schematic for a CTX color monitor Model VL500. FCC ID DBL1569S. By CTX International, Inc. Help please! Roy Randall Randall Electronics

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

hi my computer screen just jumps in and out concave and convex I think the more settings are wrong, it was stuck on 400x640, I then changed it to 600x800 but it still jumps. any suggestions thanks

View more questions Search