Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    forsoother Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 08:23 PM
    What is the difference between pipe glued connection and solvent welded connection
    Like the title.
    I wondering what's the difference between glued connection and solvent welded connection.
    If anyone knows, please give a detailed description, and how about hub and socket connections with the above two connections?
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Mar 21, 2010, 08:35 PM

Solvent weld is a technical way of saying glued connection.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2010, 09:42 PM

I disagree. Solvent welded uses the existing material. It softens it and then the solvent evaporates.

Glued uses a different material. . g superglue or epoxy to bond the materials. There is now the possibility of expansion differences.

You can also have "plastic welded" joints. We had a chemical resistant continuous floor done that way. Was something like 100' x 100'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak in connection between Disposal and pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have had a recurring problem when we feed our disposal something that it can't handle. The debris clogs at the trap or the T pipe. After clearing the debris I reconnect all of the pipes and test the for leaks I'm OK until I turn the disposal on with a moderate amount of water to clear....

Pipe size and connection type [ 2 Answers ]

I am plumbing a bath in my unfinished basement. The drains are existing but need to plumb the hot and cold water supply. The question is, the house has been plumbed with pex (its a flexible colored pipe - red for hot and blue for cold). Should I use this type of pipe? If so, should I run 3/4" to...

New toilet connection to soil pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I need to instal a new toilet to an existing vertical and rigidly fixed, internal soil pipe. Breaking into the pipe will be easy, but, as I can't move the soil pipe up or down, how do I reconnect? Are there such thing as adjustable straight fittings?

Soil pipe boss connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The connection between my cloakroom sink and my soil pipe has sheared off. The obvious fix is to use a solvent welded strap on boss, but, I've got restricted access so it can't be fastened from behind. My plumber tried this and it leaked badly. He said he would seal it, but I think this would...

Changing USB connection to ethernet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a belkin wireless G router which doesn't work with my ntl broadband it got something to do with changing the USB connetion to ethernet can someone tell me how Please! Thank you

View more questions Search