Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ea9311 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 04:37 PM
    To wet test a sewer drain install, do you plug the sewer pipe as it enters the septic
    Three questions. For a sewer drain wet test, do you plug the drain as it enters the new septic tank? Where does the 10' wet stack go and can you change direction 45 degrees under a slab in the main sewer drain line ?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 21, 2010, 05:36 PM

1. sewer should be plugged at point where it enters the ground. Then all opening in sewer and vent system shall be plugged, or capped. Then fill the system with water to the highest point(usually a vent exiting the roof).
    2. not sure what you mean, but test in our area require a ten foot head for testing, or filling the system to the highest point(vent exiting roof.)
    3.Yes, a change of 45 degree is accepted in all codes as far as I know. My code states that any change of direction over 135 degree requires a cleanout, but one 45 degree offset is just fine.

Know that codes vary from area to area, so your best to contact your authority having jurisdiction(plumbing inspector in most cases). Hope all goes well.
    ea9311 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 08:50 AM
    Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    1. sewer should be plugged at point where it enters the ground. then all opening in sewer and vent system shall be plugged, or capped. then fill the system with water to the highest point(usually a vent exiting the roof).
    2. not sure what you mean, but test in our area require a ten foot head for testing, or filling the system to the highest point(vent exiting roof.)
    3.Yes, a change of 45 degree is accepted in all codes as far as i know. My code states that any change of direction over 135 degree requires a cleanout, but one 45 degree offset is just fine.

Know that codes vary from area to area, so your best to contact your autority having jurisdiction(plumbing inspector in most cases). Hope all goes well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install a sewer drain where a creek runs through yard [ 6 Answers ]

I want to put a 120'x5' round piece of pipe straight through my yard where a creek runs. This creek flows from storm run off water. Anyone know good inexpensive way to route the water about 125 feet. I will back filling over top of sewer and planting grass.

Plug in new sewer line to test for leaks [ 2 Answers ]

We are converting from septic to sewer. We are trenching from the house to the street and having a contractor connect from the sewer lateral to a cleanout within the property line. We will then lay the line from that point to the cleanout close top the house. The building inspector says we need to...

Washer drain to main sewer plug? [ 5 Answers ]

We have a washer floor drain that has always been slow and is now totally clogged. I've tried snaking it out with a flat sewer rod, but the curve in the drain's P trap is so sharp it just won't go. The last time we had plumbers over to fix it they recommended to stop using the floor drain and...

Sewer drain pipe [ 19 Answers ]

I read online that pvc pipe can be used for sewer drain but not glued together with conventional pvc cement. Instead of glue, to use some kind of hub with an o-ring seal in it. Am I just off my rocker or what? If they do need to be glued, how can I created a grade on a 90 degree elbow from the...

Tapping in new drain pipe to old sewer pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install a new tub and shower in my basement. The old shower in the basement drained through a pvc pipe that ran on top of the basement floor directly to our floor drain. I have excavated a channel from the proposed tub site to the sewer pipe running from the first floor toilet to the...

View more questions Search