Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leif_erikson Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2010, 01:06 PM
    What are Filipino people like?
    I'm planning on vacationing to the Philippines in the winter to see my girlfriend but I'm concerned about the general population. What are the people like there? Do they hate westerners? Are they racists? Are they generally rude people? (culture-wise) How do people react to seeing a non-Asian guy with one of their females. Recently, I read that in certain parts of Asia, foreign dudes get roughed up for that sort of thing. Does this apply to the Philippines? I'd like to hear an answer from someone who's been there before.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 21, 2010, 02:15 PM

You will have a wonderful time as long as you don't wear attitude on your sleeve. The Phillipino people are friendly, happy and you will have a great time with your g/f. I have never heard that caucasians visiting any part of Asia get 'roughed up' for over-stepping boundaries, leif erikson. Foreign travellers are always welcome.

Tick
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2010, 02:54 PM
    Don't believe everything bad you hear about other cultures. As Sticky said, go and don't have an attitude and you'll do fine. I've been told it's a very beautiful place and the people are very nice. Hope you have a great time and you will!:)
    Expert

Mar 21, 2010, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Don't believe everything bad you hear about other cultures. As Sticky said, go and don't have an attitude and you'll do fine. I've been told it's a very beautiful place and the people are very nice. Hope you have a great time and you will!:)
    Sticky said... you mean tickle, tick... is what I call myself around here kitkat !
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2010, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    sticky said.......you mean tickle, tick...is what i call myself around here kitkat !
    Lord another one for the books! Sorry tickle. Call me Kit or kitty! I am so embarrassed again for the tenth time (thats just for today)::o:o
    Expert

Mar 21, 2010, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Lord another one for the books! Sorry tickle. Call me Kit or kitty! I am so embarrassed again for the tenth time (thats just for today)::o:o
    :eek: hug
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2010, 06:00 PM
    :eek: hug
    Right back at you! Thanks:)
    leif_erikson Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2010, 02:28 PM

OK, thanks. I very much hope that it goes that way. I'm not the type of guy who has an attitude so I guess that it would be fine.
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2010, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leif_erikson View Post
    OK, thanks. I very much hope that it goes that way. I'm not the type of guy who has an attitude so I guess that it would be fine.
    You are cheerful today! Have a great time and you'll wonder why you were worried in the first place... Lucky you!:D
    Expert

Mar 22, 2010, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leif_erikson View Post
    Take a hint from a seasoned traveller. Just be yourself, enjoy the people, taste the wine mostly and the food and let us know when you get back, all of your adventures, well, travelling ones anyway.

I haven't been away in a couple of years; so it is nice to know one of our members will enjoy the experience of travelling.

Tick
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2010, 03:04 PM
    take a hint from a seasoned traveller. Just be yourself, enjoy the people, taste the wine mostly and the food and let us know when you get back, all of your adventures, well, travelling ones anyway.

I havent been away in a couple of years; so it is nice to know one of our members will enjoy the experience of travelling.

tick
    You always know the right thing to say TICKLE.:D
    fancydelancey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 06:01 AM
    I've been there four times in the past 3 years and I love it there.its fun and exciting and the people are very friendly.there are some very annoying things about it though.just little things that are hard to understand like no napkins or toilet paper.the humitity is bad but the food is good although small portions.it can be dangerous if you wonder into an unknown area.its not for the weak of heart.you better be a tough guy or arrange to be in a protective cacoon somehow.me I'm a true adventurer.I go places others would never go.eat foods others would never eat and stay at hotels in locations that others would never stay at.I don't go through life,being afriad of my own shadow and questioning everything for safety sake.life is either an adventure,or nothing at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Filipino divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any country a filipino who maried in the Philippines to another filipino go to and get a noncontested divorce

Only a fool for a Filipino? [ 15 Answers ]

Another encounter with a Filipino online. If it seems too good to be true, is it? The girl found me randomly on Skype four days ago. Allegedly, she thought I was another friend of hers. We got to chatting. She asked if I wanted to talk. I used a webcam and she spoke to me through a...

Filipino bride/wedding scam? [ 41 Answers ]

Met her online, wedding is being planned she says, wants 2k to pay for it, I'm going June 3 for 3 weeks to marry and be with her, she claims she can't come here for a year after we marry due to paperwork involved, am I being scammed? She claims poverty, works 12 hr days, has parents married 38...

FILIPINO language [ 1 Answers ]

Translate Szemraj From Filipino To English

Summary of filipino epics [ 1 Answers ]

Can give me a summary of tulalang in tagalog?

View more questions Search