Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scotty13 Posts: 120, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 06:07 AM
    xampp & mysql
    I downloaded XAMPP for Windows, I'm running Windows7.

I went into FireFox browser and typed "localhost" & just have a blank screen. The XAMPP home page doesn't appear.

I go to Advanced System Settings, click on Environment Variables to edit "Path" and I have this...

C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo Edit 5\;%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoo t%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowe rShell\v1.0\;c:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\

They want me to add \;C:\XAMPP\mysql\bin. To the end of the "path"

It pretty much has it in there already and it didn't work.

If I leave it and don't edit the "path" and type "mysql" after C:\users\scotty> in the command line.

My response is... mysql is not recognized as an internal or external command.

Please Help,

Scotty
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 02:59 PM

go to command line and type path=%path%;C:\XAMPP\mysql\bin and try that. Next try renaming the index.php file in htdocs folder to something else. Sometimes it will try to display the PHP before the HTM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MySQL Tutorials [ 2 Answers ]

This website hosts over a dozen MySQL Tutorials: PICKaTUTORIAL.COM -- Free online open source mySQL / SQL (Structured Querry Language) database programming tutorials / articles / guides and more!

DB by php & mysql [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a best friendly and easy Administrative front-end Database using PHP & MySQL. I found these two in the net "AppGini" & "DaDaBIK". Do you suggest another software/application other than the above mentioned? You support appreciated on this matter...

C++ and mysql [ 2 Answers ]

I want a query that can select all names in a table and write it in sequential form in a listbox of a form in C++.the connection is well established and communication between my system and my datbase is working fine. here is the statement I used: requestName = SELECT SystemName FROM System;...

View more questions Search