Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2010, 11:25 PM
    Jesus Christ.
    Has anybody here ever thought, what if Jesus actually was with someone. Did actually have children. Had a blood line that was passed down to generations.

Would this change your view of Jesus or not? For me personally would not change anything.

There is a lot of life of Jesus we do not know about. There are many stories about God and Jesus that have not been told. Here is your chance to start in a discussion.

About anything... Jesus, God, Religion. Denominations. Go off topic, on topic this is an all out conversation with different beliefs opinions and thoughts WITHOUT telling each other that the other is wrong. Keep it civil.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 20, 2010, 11:35 PM

I've often wondered about his humanness. How did he really look? How tall was he? Did he have a beard, a moustache? What was his favorite food? Was there a food he didn't like? Did he part his hair on the left or right (or not at all)? Did he carry along with him a change of clothes? Who did his laundry? Did he eat right while walking around the countryside? Did he like baklava as much as I do?
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2010, 04:25 AM

Those are all very good questions. None of the stories mention much about Jesus personal life, does it.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2010, 09:17 AM

Does it really matter?
    All you have to do is wait till you meet him in person to get those questions answered.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2010, 09:54 AM

Sure it does matter. To have interest in his life here on earth as a person. It would be nice to know. We all have questions. Why not talk about it with each other. Share thoughts and opinions. You shared yours 450donn, and I know we will meet him one day. At the same time it is just human to ask these questions and be curious about it. I know I am.

Peace and Love, (;

Joe
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2010, 09:58 AM

He was married had two children Boy and Girl.
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2010, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    He was married had two children Boy and Girl.
    Please post your scriptural reference for this statement?
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2010, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    Sure it does matter. To have interest in his life here on earth as a person. It would be nice to know. We all have questions. Why not talk about it with each other. Share thoughts and opinions. You shared yours 450donn, and I know we will meet him one day. At the same time it is just human to ask these questions and be curious about it. I know I am.

Peace and Love, (;

Joe
    Sorry Joe, I guess I should have elaborated a bit more. The bible makes no reference to whether Jesus ever married or not, had children or not. Above that I choose not to speculate as to me it really does not make much difference. You see, Jesus to me was God here on earth. As such his teachings are the only thing really important to my Christian walk. That might be wrong to some, but that is how I was brought up.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2010, 04:48 PM

The Tradition: The Holy Grail was a vessel used by Christ at the Last Supper. Given to his grand-uncle, St. Joseph of Arimathea, it was used by him to collect Christ's blood and sweat while Joseph tended him on the Cross. After Christ's death, Joseph was apparently imprisoned in a rock tomb similar to the one he had given for the body of his grand-nephew. Left to starve, he was sustained for several years by the power of the Grail which provided him with fresh food and drink every morning. Later, St. Joseph travelled to Britain with his family and several followers. He settled at Ynys Witrin (Glastonbury), but the Grail was taken to Corbenic where it was housed in a spectacular castle, guarded always by the Grail Kings, descendants of Joseph's daughter, Anna (Enygeus) and her husband, Brons.
    Some believe that the grail the blood line of Jesus not a cup.
    Some believe this was Jesus daughter and she married one of the nights ,and later the blood line was taken to the new world.I'm not disagreeing with the Bible I'm just passing on something I read,
    Darrell
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Mar 23, 2010, 09:45 PM
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16 Greatest verse in all Scripture. Jesus must be central in
    our lives if we are to have meaning, purpose, and inpact in our life.
    This means that Jesus Christ is the central part of my heart and life.
    My passion in life is the Lord Jesus Christ. God sent His Son into the
    world to embrace us and draw us out of our sin and into Himself.
    God knows our great need is for His love. He gave it to us though His Son to bring joy to our heart and glory to Himself. Jesus said faith only the size of a mustard seed could move mountains Matt. 17:20. But Paul said even though one has all faith, the fullest possible expression
    of faith, if it is without love, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
    How can we exhibit this kind of love? The only way is to let Jesus Christ
    live it through us, for He is the embodiment of these characteristics.
    This kind of love is the fruit of the Spirit. As we walk with the Lord,
    His Spirit produces this character in us ever so slowly, but ever so
    surely. Jesus said, "If you abide in Me, you shall bring forth much fruit".
    This fruit is Love. As essential as faith and hope are, Paul singles out
    love as the greatest vitue because it is only through love that we
    are able to respond to God and to others presenrly. Read 1Cor. 13
    As you read it, you will see God's love for you in every verse.
    Let that love overflow to the people around you.
    Remember "We love because He first loved us".
    Think of Jesus on the Cross. As men cursed Him, and spit on Him,
    what did He do? He said "Father forgive them. They don't know
    what they'er doing".

Love and Blessing, Maggie 3
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

Mar 24, 2010, 11:46 AM

Jesus is called Rabbi in the gospels numerous times. Did you know that in the synagogue one was not allowed to teach unless he was married ? In tradition a man who had not married by the age of 18 was considered a vagrant, and was ostracized by jewish society. Historically speaking he would have had to of been married to be called Rabbi.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by belovedgift View Post
    Jesus is called Rabbi in the gospels numerous times. Did you know that in the synagogue one was not allowed to teach unless he was married ? In tradition a man who had not married by the age of 18 was considered a vagrant, and was ostracized by jewish society. Historically speaking he would have had to of been married to be called Rabbi.
    There may be things about Jesus that we're going to be surprised and even shocked to find out about some day.
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    There may be things about Jesus that we're going to be surprised and even shocked to find out about some day.
    I agree, also would like to point out that. Jesus is portrayed as a loving and patient man at most times. I also believe in the right circumstances Jesus was very angry and took his anger out on others.

Considering God did create all of us and we are made in there image. That would assume that all things within us were created in us as well. I guess it is all about the timing and what way to act in each different situation.

There is so so much missing about Jesus life and I agree with my Auntie, that I think a lot of people are going to be shocked and surprised about some of the things we find out about Jesus when we are able to make it to the other side.
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Mar 26, 2010, 08:11 AM

My take on this issue is that whether Jesus was married or not, it would not had made any difference on our salvation. Our sins are washed by HIS blood. It is HIS blood only nor HIS mother's nor HIS siblings'. Even if there were a blood line of Jesus and we worshipped HIS descendents, then we were no more Christians. We would be no better than heathens.

Secondly, when Lord God made man and woman, HE made them for the purpose of marriage and having children. Therefore institution of marriage between a man and a woman is very sacred. When it is so sacred and is not a sin, and had Jesus been married, if would had surely been reflected in the scriptures, which we do not find.
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

Mar 26, 2010, 04:59 PM
    What if his marriage was just none of our business. Bible says that he was tempted in every manner as all men are. How could he be tempted with the adultery of cheating on his wife if he were not?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2010, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    Has anybody here ever thought, what if Jesus actually was with someone. Did actually have children. Had a blood line that was passed down to generations.

Would this change your view of Jesus or not? For me personally would not change anything.

There is a lot of life of Jesus we do not know about. There are many stories about God and Jesus that have not been told. Here is your chance to start in a discussion.

About anything... Jesus, God, Religion. Denominations. Go off topic, on topic this is an all out conversation with different beliefs opinions and thoughts WITHOUT telling each other that the other is wrong. Keep it civil.
    I much prefer to stay with what I have been told. I don't want to reduce Jesus to the status of a gifted man. Jesus came with a purpose and fulfilled that purpose, If he left behind a family uncared for in uncertain times that would not line up with the characteristics of God. I think such a question could only be asked by someone without the experience of raising children etc. Very difficult to stay focused on other matters with a house full of kids. Jesus life tells us that to immerse ourselves in God we need to lay aside Earthly pursuits. We can be distracted by listening to tall tales and fables. As is said in Scripture we did not come to you with cleaverly constructed stories.

As far a denominations are concerned, I prefer the alternative spelling, demoninations, and there is one demoninations which seems to prove that this might be so through the continued revelation of the failings of its members. What this tells us is that if you let your focus get off Jesus you are at risk no matter how well versed your instruction about God. There is only one way, and religion will kill you, so focus on the relationship

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Birth of Jesus Christ [ 11 Answers ]

When was Jesus Christ born ?

Who is Jesus Christ? [ 20 Answers ]

First off, I am not Jewish... I am a gentile. I do believe that Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah in the Old Testament, so I wanted to be up front about that. I have had an interest in Jewish culture since the first time I traveled to Israel more than 10 years ago. Since that time, I have...

Jesus Christ Superstar [ 4 Answers ]

I've just seen the 1973 film adaptation of Jesus Christ Superstar, and was wondering how similar to the original Broadway production it is. For example, was the original set in the first century AD, or in modern times like the film? Thanks Captain O

The return of Jesus Christ [ 131 Answers ]

What are your thoughts about the return of Jesus Christ? Do you think it will be before, during, or after the Great Tribulation? Do you believe it will happen, or not?

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

View more questions Search