Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 08:03 PM
    Wisdom teeth: How long Until the holes close up?
    Okay so I got all four of them removed on the 9th. So it's been about 10 days, my top left one is completely closed already, the other top one is on it's way to being finished closing. But the bottom two are still pretty deep, the bottom left more so than the bottom right. I keep getting food stuck in there. My dentist didn't give me a stupid syringe, so I have to swish, they're healed enough to do that, I "so far" don't have dry socket on them, but I want to know what you guys think. How long will it take?
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 08:10 PM
    I had to move my cheek to the side with one of those flosser thingers, but here's the hole, it's kind of big.. .
    Attached Images

flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 08:10 PM
    It can take a few weeks until socket closes. Just keep it clean. Why don't you ask your pharmacist for one of the syringes they give to parents for administering liquid medicines to kids? You could get back there and gently flush it out. The dentist who took the teeth out should actually give you one if you call and ask.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flossie View Post
    It can take a few weeks until socket closes. Just keep it clean. Why don't you ask your pharmacist for one of the syringes they give to parents for administering liquid medicines to kids? You could get back there and gently flush it out. The dentist who took the teeth out should actually give you one if you call and ask.
    Yeah I think I might do that, but getting there might be a problem because we only have one car and it's about a half hour drive. =/ Do you think they sell some cheap at drugstores? I've been using the mouthwash stuff he gave me. It's called Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.12% Oral Rinse
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 08:23 PM
    That is a great rinse except it stains the teeth. Yes, the drugstore will carry something for you. Tell the pharmacist why you need it, I'm sure he/she will know exactly what to recommend.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 08:26 PM
    That is a great rinse except it stains the teeth. Yes, the drugstore will carry something for you. Tell the pharmacist why you need it, I'm sure he/she will know exactly what to recommend.
    So far I haven't gotten any stains from it, But thanks for answering! So does it look healthy to you from what you can see? I'ts the bottom left one. It's sort of bad resolution.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 08:30 PM
    It looks just fine. Stop worrying! You have nice teeth. Did you have braces?
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 08:32 PM
    It looks just fine. Stop worrying! You have nice teeth. Did you have braces?
    No I never had braces, I'm lucky. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Five wisdom teeth. [ 8 Answers ]

So, I've needed my wisdom teeth out for a little while now. I have five wisdome teeth but none of them have erupted yet. My face swells up sometimes and I can't eat.. they cause a lot of pain. Not all the time though. They just act up at times. I've lost my insurance now and the dentist had told me...

Wisdom teeth [ 4 Answers ]

What is the usual cost to remove wisdom teeth?

Wisdom Teeth [ 2 Answers ]

I had four wisdom teeth out on the 13th. I was given an antibiotic because I had a small infection where one of my bottom tooth was. It is finally starting to get better but still hurts to touch and throbs sometimes. My main problem is since I got them pulled, I developed white patches on my...

Wisdom teeth! [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all! I have to get my wisdom teeth out in two weeks... all four of them at once! (im 21yrs old)I am kind of nervous! I am getting the level IV sedation which means they knock you out, more or less. Anyway, for the pain afterwards my oral surgeron prescribed vicodin... my mom is like,...

View more questions Search