Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vaner504 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2010, 04:00 PM
    98 accord ex v-6 has trouble starting. Runs fine once started, but hard starting
    It usually starts OK in the morning, but once its warmed up, it has a lot of problems continuing to start. Sometimes it starts, revs to idle, then dies again. After about ten minutes and a couple of tries, it starts right up and drives away fine. Any thoughts? We know we can't replace the fuel filter, should we try injector cleaner? New fuel pump?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2010, 05:38 PM

Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble starting with a 1989 Honda Accord lxi [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1989 accord that was running great until it starting idling strangely after the car warmed up... the idle would fluctuate up and down but would stop after a while. Eventually it started idling rough all the time and then one day it just would not start. The car will run and drive but...

System was working fine, had serviced and now blowing warm and hard starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a high velocity system with a 5 ton compressor at 6000 feet. It was working fine and I figured I better get it checked before the hot season. Now it starts hard and blows warm, just after servicing.

Honda Accord hard starting, need depress gas pedal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with hard start on my Honda Accord 1990. When I crank it, it does not seem to catch a spark. Just when I depress gas pedal a little several times, it starts. I changed all spark plugs, it starts very well. After 2 weeks, the same problem came back again. Need help for finding...

Trouble Starting, Clicks a few times then starts, power is fine [ 2 Answers ]

Car:Subaru outback, 98 A while back I went to start it and got the 'click' tried again and it started no prob. A few weeks later same thing, but took a few tries to start, was sluggish to start at first but then turned over. Yesterday it did it again. Clicked about 4-5 times, then a little...

Trouble starting 1999 honda accord [ 2 Answers ]

My 1999 honda accord does not start occasionly. About once a week, I don't get any start. I turn the key several times like I'm advancing the starter or something, and it will start fine. It takes anywhere from 4 to 15 attempts, but always starts. What is the most likely cause? Starter? Relay?...

View more questions Search